Analyst I, Risk Monitoring
- CKO Department: Client Services
Checkout.com is one of the most exciting fintechs in the world. Our mission is to enable businesses and their communities to thrive in the digital economy. We’re the strategic payments partner for some of the best known fast-moving brands globally such as Wise, Hut Group, Sony Electronics, Homebase, Henkel, Klarna and many others. Purpose-built with performance and scalability in mind, our flexible cloud-based payments platform helps global enterprises launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it's not just what we build that makes us different. It's how.
We empower passionate problem-solvers to collaborate, innovate and do their best work. That’s why we’re on the Forbes Cloud 100 list and a Great Place to Work accredited company. And we’re just getting started. We’re building diverse and inclusive teams around the world — because that’s how we create even better experiences for our merchants and our partners. And we need your help. Join us to build the digital economy of tomorrow.
The candidate will support the risk assessment and monitoring of our global e-commerce merchants’ portfolio. You'll apply in-house methodology and use available reporting tools to conduct reliable and proactive risk profiling, and report on risk to relevant collaborators.
Another key element of this role is to ensure that the company provides a transparent fraud management service by generating regular assessments of internal process and propose continuous improvement solutions.
The ideal candidate enjoys dealing with figures and is diligent and inquisitive, with a thorough attention to detail. This role requires the ability to approach problems in a quantitative and qualitative manner.
How you’ll make an impact
- Perform background checks on prospective and new merchants, using internal tools and external resources to assess merchants’ businesses
- Understanding business risk on new and existing merchants to identify risky business practices and present appropriate mitigations
- Regularly and proactively generate/review reports to identify unusual processing patterns
- Conduct analysis and investigation on any merchant’s suspected fraudulent transactions by using multiple resources
- Drive and manage numerous reviews, confidential and sensitive information in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Create and communicate reports to dedicated Account Managers and relevant partners on any concerns regarding existing merchants
- Formulate and implement dispute/fraud mitigation plans
- Monitor merchant performance under card scheme risk compliance rules
- Maintain a strong relationship between merchants, Card schemes and internal partners
- Educate merchants on the fraud and dispute management to support them
- Maintain an in-depth working knowledge of Card scheme rules
- Promptly attend to customers’ requests through Checkout.com’s ticketing system
- Propose solutions to continuously improve current processes and procedures
- Devise and document new processes to address gaps in current tasks
- Provide training to the larger group and ensure smooth adoption and adherence to the process
What we’re looking for
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Risk / Management / Finance / Business / Mathematics / Economics or equivalent
- 2 years+ of relevant working experience
- Solution-driven approach with exemplary investigative and critical thinking skills
- Excellent organisational skills and displaying the ability to work on concurrent tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Quick learner demonstrating the ability and willingness to accrue knowledge and skills related to the payments industry
- Self-motivated and pragmatic teammate requiring strong interpersonal skills to attaining shared business objectives
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present analysis and recommendation in a succinct manner
- Excellent and demonstrated customer service skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is required
- Good proficiency in writing and reviewing work instructions
- Fluency in English
- Knowledge of card schemes rules and regulations would be an advantage
- Knowledge of SQL is desirable
- Work experience in the payments industry would be favourable
Apply without meeting all requirements statement
If you don't meet all the requirements but think you might still be right for the role, please apply anyway. We're always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values.
We believe in equal opportunities
We work as one team. Wherever you come from. However you identify. And whichever payment method you use.
Our clients come from all over the world — and so do we. Hiring hard-working people and giving them a community to thrive in is critical to our success.
When you join our team, we’ll empower you to unlock your potential so you can do your best work. We’d love to hear how you think you could make a difference here with us.
We want to set you up for success and make our process as accessible as possible. So let us know in your application, or tell your recruiter directly, if you need anything to make your experience or working environment more comfortable. We’ll be happy to support you.
Take a peek inside life at Checkout.com via
- Our Culture video https://youtu.be/BEwnpHuadSw
- Our careers page https://www.checkout.com/careers
- Our LinkedIn Life pages bit.ly/3OaoN1U
- Our Instagram https://www.instagram.com/checkout_com/