Senior Learning and Performance Specialist
- CKO Department: People
Checkout.com is one of the most exciting fintechs in the world. Our mission is to enable businesses and their communities to thrive in the digital economy. We’re the strategic payments partner for some of the best known fast-moving brands globally such as Wise, Hut Group, Sony Electronics, Homebase, Henkel, Klarna and many others. Purpose-built with performance and scalability in mind, our flexible cloud-based payments platform helps global enterprises launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it's not just what we build that makes us different. It's how.
We empower passionate problem-solvers to collaborate, innovate and do their best work. That’s why we’re on the Forbes Cloud 100 list and a Great Place to Work accredited company. And we’re just getting started. We’re building diverse and inclusive teams around the world — because that’s how we create even better experiences for our merchants and our partners. And we need your help. Join us to build the digital economy of tomorrow.
In this role, you’ll be part of a team of talent development SMEs responsible for designing and delivering the global talent development agenda at checkout.com. This includes core initiatives designed to empower our people to thrive and drive our high-performance cultures, such as learning schemes, performance reviews, employee development, HiPo and top talent programs, promotions, career paths, and talent reviews, to name a few.
You’ll partner closely with the People Business Partner team and key business stakeholders to enable our people to be their best, taking full ownership for driving the global talent development agenda in your assigned department but also identifying learning and development needs specific to your group and devising innovative solutions to address these.
You’ll also play a key role in the team from a project management perspective when it comes to our global talent development offerings, and ongoing SME talent and performance input for our core systems (Workday and Cornerstone).
How you’ll make an impact
- Communications and enablement: create all communications/enablement plans relating to talent development activities for your assigned department and manage the delivery of these
- Training materials and delivery: design all talent development training materials and co-deliver training within the dept (colleagues, managers, leaders)
- Development needs analysis: conduct regular development needs analysis and ensure programs are in place to meet these needs
- Continuous improvement: define success metrics and collect regular feedback/insights on approaches to drive continuous improvement e.g. retros, surveys, pulse groups
- Best practice and policy design: design best practice approaches to all talent development activities and create/own associated global policies.
- Ad hoc coaching/support: provide ad hoc coaching/training support as required in the department
- Data/reporting: Ensure talent development data accuracy in Workday and the LMS and associated reporting to drive the approach
What we’re looking for
- You’re passionate about talent development, driving a high-performance culture, and unlocking employee potential
- You’re a collaborative team player who can partner across a wide variety of teams on complex cross-functional projects
- You’re skilled at project management, with a focus on maintaining central best practices within a program whilst knowing where to flex to support specific departmental/locational needs without jeopardizing consistency and scalability
- You have a data-driven mindset and can use data to shape and inform your approach
- You have the ability to think global, considering all Checkout.com offices when solutioning and adhering to local requirements as required
- You have excellent stakeholder management skills, with the ability to win the trust of stakeholders but also challenge when required
- You’re an inspiring storyteller who can communicate ideas in a clear, concise, and compelling way which demonstrates good technical knowledge and business acumen, regardless of audience size/location
- Ideally, you have experience with the Talent and Performance module in Workday
Apply without meeting all requirements statement
If you don't meet all the requirements but think you might still be right for the role, please apply anyway. We're always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values.
We believe in equal opportunities
We work as one team. Wherever you come from. However you identify. And whichever payment method you use.
Our clients come from all over the world — and so do we. Hiring hard-working people and giving them a community to thrive in is critical to our success.
When you join our team, we’ll empower you to unlock your potential so you can do your best work. We’d love to hear how you think you could make a difference here with us.
We want to set you up for success and make our process as accessible as possible. So let us know in your application, or tell your recruiter directly, if you need anything to make your experience or working environment more comfortable. We’ll be happy to support you.
Take a peek inside life at Checkout.com via
- Our Culture video https://youtu.be/BEwnpHuadSw
- Our careers page https://www.checkout.com/careers
- Our LinkedIn Life pages bit.ly/3OaoN1U
- Our Instagram https://www.instagram.com/checkout_com/