Senior Software Engineer - Disputes
- CKO Department: Technology
Checkout.com is one of the most exciting fintechs in the world. Our mission is to enable businesses and their communities to thrive in the digital economy. We’re the strategic payments partner for some of the best known fast-moving brands globally such as Wise, Hut Group, Sony Electronics, Homebase, Henkel, Klarna and many others. Purpose-built with performance and scalability in mind, our flexible cloud-based payments platform helps global enterprises launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it's not just what we build that makes us different. It's how.
We empower passionate problem-solvers to collaborate, innovate and do their best work. That’s why we’re on the Forbes Cloud 100 list and a Great Place to Work accredited company. And we’re just getting started. We’re building diverse and inclusive teams around the world — because that’s how we create even better experiences for our merchants and our partners. And we need your help. Join us to build the digital economy of tomorrow.
Exposed to the entire software development lifecycle (SDLC), you will work on specifying, planning, building, shipping and monitoring back-end solutions on latest Microsoft .NET LTS.
The ideal candidate is adaptable, collaborative and process-oriented. They firmly believe in creating safe, clean, traceable and testable code which leverages Managed Cloud Components.
The Disputes Team enables Checkout.com’s merchants to receive, manage and prevent or win payment chargebacks. The Disputes domain features direct integrations with card scheme networks, public APIs and an event-driven interface with other Checkout.com domains.
Enjoy learning new skills and using the best tools for the job
- Solid experience in building microservices on latest ASP.NET Core LTS and C#
- Solid understanding of HTTP and REST
- Solid experience in any major Cloud Platform (preferably AWS)
- Good understanding of various scopes of testing and the Testing Pyramid
- Hands-on experience with SQL and NoSQL
- Practical knowledge of Functional Programming concepts and SOLID principles
- Some IAC experience (preferably Terraform)
- Solid communication skills, ability to empathize and interact effectively with multidisciplinary teams
Design, develop and deliver new features on our platform:
- Work closely with Product in specifying the `How` to their `What`
- Develop new greenfield services and update existing ones
- Drive stimulating migrations in a highly-distributed estate
- Mentor and be mentored
- Contribute and make recommendations to the ways of working
Apply without meeting all requirements statement
If you don't meet all the requirements but think you might still be right for the role, please apply anyway. We're always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values.
We believe in equal opportunities
We work as one team. Wherever you come from. However you identify. And whichever payment method you use.
Our clients come from all over the world — and so do we. Hiring hard-working people and giving them a community to thrive in is critical to our success.
When you join our team, we’ll empower you to unlock your potential so you can do your best work. We’d love to hear how you think you could make a difference here with us.
We want to set you up for success and make our process as accessible as possible. So let us know in your application, or tell your recruiter directly, if you need anything to make your experience or working environment more comfortable. We’ll be happy to support you.
Take a peek inside life at Checkout.com via
- Our Culture video https://youtu.be/BEwnpHuadSw
- Our careers page https://www.checkout.com/careers
- Our LinkedIn Life pages bit.ly/3OaoN1U
- Our Instagram https://www.instagram.com/checkout_com/