Analyst II, Assurance and Investigations
- CKO Department: Risk, Audit, and Compliance
Checkout.com is one of the most exciting fintechs in the world. Our mission is to enable businesses and their communities to thrive in the digital economy. We’re the strategic payments partner for some of the best known fast-moving brands globally such as Wise, Hut Group, Sony Electronics, Homebase, Henkel, Klarna and many others. Purpose-built with performance and scalability in mind, our flexible cloud-based payments platform helps global enterprises launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it's not just what we build that makes us different. It's how.
We empower passionate problem-solvers to collaborate, innovate and do their best work. That’s why we’re on the Forbes Cloud 100 list and a Great Place to Work accredited company. And we’re just getting started. We’re building diverse and inclusive teams around the world — because that’s how we create even better experiences for our merchants and our partners. And we need your help. Join us to build the digital economy of tomorrow.
Checkout.com is actively looking for an Analyst II, Assurance and Investigations who will perform quality assurance reviews of the different AML areas such as transaction monitoring, sanctions among others; stay abreast of regulatory, business, and organizational changes; develop and recommend solutions to improve operational effectiveness; enhance overall quality of the Assurance function, and communicate findings and recommendations in a clear, concise, and constructive manner.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in the financial crime world, as well as the ability to communicate data in a consumable, sustainable and presentable format. You'll also be a proactive and confident individual with strong analytical, organizational and technical skills, and who can demonstrate the ability to exercise good judgement in a fast-paced environment.
You'll be part of the Financial Crime Compliance department, and this role will work closely with various teams, including Operations, Merchant Review, Product and HR to name a few.
How you’ll make an impact
- Perform quality assurance review in accordance with AML policies and departmental procedures (conducts assurance review of AML systems, client due diligence files, suspicious activity reporting among others) within established timeframes
- Provide oversight and assurance of our financial crime risk controls through sampling, thematic reviews and data analysis, to ensure the business's financial crime policies and procedures are being applied correctly
- Assist in developing the assurance program by creating the approach, guidance and test-scripts for a variety of assurance areas
- Identify areas where systemic failures could occur and undertake thematic reviews where appropriate
- Maintain current knowledge of regulations applicable to the business, any business changes as well as pertinent internal regulatory policy and procedural changes
- Provide insight into quality gaps discovered as part of the quality assurance process and ensures these gaps are communicated to appropriate management and business owners via test scripts
- Meet all deliverables for assurance reviews, analysis, and regular reporting
- Provide quality feedback and recommendations to assurance colleagues to improve quality and efficiency of assurance activities
- Work both independently and in team-oriented contexts
- Suggest ideas for improvements to the support process and infrastructure and strive to continually improve the process
What we’re looking for
- 3+ years of experience in Compliance, AML or financial crime is required
- Phenomenal teammate with strong collaborative qualities and a positive demeanour
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present analysis and recommendations
- Solution driven approach, with strong analytical and problem solving skills to implement and deliver solutions
- Reliable when working independently, with sound judgment for when to call out issues
- Well organised and have an ability to track issues to closure
- Excellent attention to detail and a flexible approach to work
- Willingness to complete a Compliance qualification (ICA/ACAMS) preferred
- Fluency in English
Apply without meeting all requirements statement
If you don't meet all the requirements but think you might still be right for the role, please apply anyway. We're always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values.
We believe in equal opportunities
We work as one team. Wherever you come from. However you identify. And whichever payment method you use.
Our clients come from all over the world — and so do we. Hiring hard-working people and giving them a community to thrive in is critical to our success.
When you join our team, we’ll empower you to unlock your potential so you can do your best work. We’d love to hear how you think you could make a difference here with us.
We want to set you up for success and make our process as accessible as possible. So let us know in your application, or tell your recruiter directly, if you need anything to make your experience or working environment more comfortable. We’ll be happy to support you.
Take a peek inside life at Checkout.com via
- Our Culture video https://youtu.be/BEwnpHuadSw
- Our careers page https://www.checkout.com/careers
- Our LinkedIn Life pages bit.ly/3OaoN1U
- Our Instagram https://www.instagram.com/checkout_com/