Senior Software Engineer - Finance and Treasury Services
- CKO Department: Technology
Checkout.com is one of the most exciting fintechs in the world. Our mission is to enable businesses and their communities to thrive in the digital economy. We’re the strategic payments partner for some of the best known fast-moving brands globally such as Wise, Hut Group, Sony Electronics, Homebase, Henkel, Klarna and many others. Purpose-built with performance and scalability in mind, our flexible cloud-based payments platform helps global enterprises launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it's not just what we build that makes us different. It's how.
We empower passionate problem-solvers to collaborate, innovate and do their best work. That’s why we’re number 9 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list and on Glassdoor’s list of Top 10 fintechs to work for. And we’re just getting started. We’re building diverse and inclusive teams around the world — because that’s how we create even better experiences for our merchants and our partners. And we need your help. So, join us to build tomorrow, today.
Senior Software Engineer at Checkout.com:
Passionate about technology but not evangelists of any single one sums up our approach to technology selection, all developers are empowered to understand and question technology choice, an increasing number of our teams own the entire DevOps model for their products. The following are examples of technologies and frameworks used commonly throughout the business:
- .Net 6
- Various SQL and NoSQL offerings
- Microservices based architectures
Many ongoing and upcoming technical projects here at Checkout.com are focused around the scalability and optimisation of high performant systems, so if the above stack and the challenges facing a fast-scaling, technically focused company interest you, hopefully you can make a great impact here!
Finance and Treasury Services are a suite of products responsible for enhancing and optimisation Checkout.com’s financial processes, becoming the golden source and distribution hub of financial data to a variety of end user groups. With Checkout.com’s fast paced growth and complex business domain we thrive in the ongoing challenges of data integrity, granularity, and scalability.
What you'll be doing:
- Design, develop, and deliver new features on a event driven microservices architecture
- Collaborate with globally distributed and multidisciplinary teams to deliver key functionalities
- Assist in requirements identification and in producing specifications
- Create and maintain a development environment for efficient testing and integration
- Coach and mentor more junior team members and participate in team knowledge sharing
- Assist QA to define acceptance tests
- Support the creation and maintenance of technical documentation
- Participate in team knowledge management and make recommendations for continuous improvement of SDLC
- Contribute and adhere to coding standards, best practices, and procedures
- Passionate about technology and enjoy learning new skills
- Strong experience with C#, Java or Typescript, but you will need to be open to working in a .net environment
- A wide understanding and appreciation for software design and architecture
- Familiar with event driven architecture
- Strong communicator who thrives in collaborative environments and teams
- Enthusiastic about delivery and have experience working in a fast paced agile environment
- Desire to work on an exciting product suite, core to the continued success of a fast scaling technical business
Apply without meeting all requirements statement
If you don't meet all the requirements but think you might still be right for the role, please apply anyway. We're always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values.
We believe in equal opportunities
We work as one team. Wherever you come from. However you identify. And whichever payment method you use.
Our clients come from all over the world — and so do we. Hiring hard-working people and giving them a community to thrive in is critical to our success.
When you join our team, we’ll empower you to unlock your potential so you can do your best work. We’d love to hear how you think you could make a difference here with us.
We want to set you up for success and make our process as accessible as possible. So let us know in your application, or tell your recruiter directly, if you need anything to make your experience or working environment more comfortable. We’ll be happy to support you.
Take a peek inside life at Checkout.com via
- Our Culture video https://youtu.be/BEwnpHuadSw
- Our careers page https://www.checkout.com/careers
- Our LinkedIn Life pages bit.ly/3OaoN1U
- Our Instagram https://www.instagram.com/checkout_com/