Engineer I - Operations Centre
- CKO Department: Technology
Checkout.com is one of the most exciting fintechs in the world. Our mission is to enable businesses and their communities to thrive in the digital economy. We’re the strategic payments partner for some of the best known fast-moving brands globally such as Wise, Hut Group, Sony Electronics, Homebase, Henkel, Klarna and many others. Purpose-built with performance and scalability in mind, our flexible cloud-based payments platform helps global enterprises launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it's not just what we build that makes us different. It's how.
We empower passionate problem-solvers to collaborate, innovate and do their best work. That’s why we’re on the Forbes Cloud 100 list and a Great Place to Work accredited company. And we’re just getting started. We’re building diverse and inclusive teams around the world — because that’s how we create even better experiences for our merchants and our partners. And we need your help. Join us to build the digital economy of tomorrow.
Checkout.com (CKO) is currently seeking an enthusiastic and driven IT professional who will be responsible for delivering high standards of infrastructure, application, and service level monitoring and management, including incident response, as part of our Operations Center (OC) team based in Mauritius.
The OC team is responsible for providing ‘round the clock’ 24x7x365 first-line support, monitoring, and management for CKO’s mission-critical infrastructure and applications which support our payments platform. This is an exciting and dynamic role involving working closely with both the internal technical team and external 3rd party suppliers to help ensure the delivery of service within defined Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
Handling live incidents is also a key part of this role and the successful candidate will be able to operate efficiently while helping to recover service and communicate clearly with internal and external stakeholders. The OC team employs a variety of tools and technologies to support proactive monitoring, incident resolution, administration, ticketing, communication, and reporting for CKO’s business infrastructure & applications.
The ideal candidate is self‐motivated, collaborative, and communicative with a positive hands-on and can-do attitude, willing to work in an uncompromising and high pace environment.
How you’ll make an impact
- Lead incident management end-to-end.
- Identify and solve business problems through automation.
- Build and maintain the technical knowledge base.
- Provide technical feedback to incident reports, post-incident reviews, and contribute to product lifecycle betterments.
- Run internal service reviews and service improvement plans.
- Run Audits to maintain the quality of service.
- Test and experiment with the latest advancement in monitoring platforms.
- Run Proof of Concept (POC) and develop business cases to support novel solutions.
- Promote ITSM processes and ensure alignment to them.
- Promote team collaboration and drive by example.
- Work alongside the Engineering Manager to continuously improve the level of service provided by the Operations Centre.
What we’re looking for
- Experience handling production incidents
- Broad knowledge across different IT platforms - Cloud, Systems, Network, and Security.
- Ability to identify business problems and solve them through automation.
- Enthusiastic and eager to evolve in a fast-paced environment.
- Promote a high-performance culture and a positive work environment.
- Possession of the professional certifications will definitely help with the day-to-day operations:- AWS, Terraform, or PagerDuty.
- Good knowledge and experience with Datadog or any other monitoring solution.
- Possess excellent analytics & troubleshooting skills
- Flexibility to work on a 24/7 (12-hour) shift system. (Includes weekends and public holidays).
What we stand for
At Checkout.com, everything starts with our values, including the experience we offer our people.
We supercharge your professional growth with career development programs and leadership training. You can learn your way, with tailored pathways and online platforms. And be inspired at relevant conferences.
We don't stop at 'good' here. We strive for excellence amongst our teams every day and recognize colleagues who take it to the next level through our quarterly peer-nominated Hero awards.
We're proud of our global connections and inclusive environment. So we champion this through our colleague-led community groups and celebrate many cultural events together.
Apply without meeting all requirements statement
If you don't meet all the requirements but think you might still be right for the role, please apply anyway. We're always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values.
We believe in equal opportunities
We work as one team. Wherever you come from. However you identify. And whichever payment method you use.
Our clients come from all over the world — and so do we. Hiring hard-working people and giving them a community to thrive in is critical to our success.
When you join our team, we’ll empower you to unlock your potential so you can do your best work. We’d love to hear how you think you could make a difference here with us.
We want to set you up for success and make our process as accessible as possible. So let us know in your application, or tell your recruiter directly, if you need anything to make your experience or working environment more comfortable. We’ll be happy to support you.
Take a peek inside life at Checkout.com via
- Our Culture video https://youtu.be/BEwnpHuadSw
- Our careers page https://www.checkout.com/careers
- Our LinkedIn Life pages bit.ly/3OaoN1U
- Our Instagram https://www.instagram.com/checkout_com/