Senior Software Engineer II - Developer Platform
- CKO Department: Technology
Checkout.com is one of the most exciting fintechs in the world. Our mission is to enable businesses and their communities to thrive in the digital economy. We’re the strategic payments partner for some of the best known fast-moving brands globally such as Wise, Hut Group, Sony Electronics, Homebase, Henkel, Klarna and many others. Purpose-built with performance and scalability in mind, our flexible cloud-based payments platform helps global enterprises launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it's not just what we build that makes us different. It's how.
We empower passionate problem-solvers to collaborate, innovate and do their best work. That’s why we’re on the Forbes Cloud 100 list and a Great Place to Work accredited company. And we’re just getting started. We’re building diverse and inclusive teams around the world — because that’s how we create even better experiences for our merchants and our partners. And we need your help. Join us to build the digital economy of tomorrow.
the Developer Platform team is responsible for improving the developer journey and building out products that enhance standardisation and engineering excellence. As a Senior Software Engineer in Developer Platform, you will work at the heart of development, collaborating closely with product teams, engineers and engineering leaders to design and implement solutions that improve the developer experience.
How you’ll make an impact
- Design and develop solutions that improve the developer experience, including building out new products and enhancing existing ones.
- Build and maintain the developer portal on top of Backstage, ensuring it is up-to-date, user-friendly, and a central source of information for developers.
- Building out scalable microservices that support the vision and surfaced through the developer platform.
- Build and maintain the scoring platform, which assesses the quality of code being developed and provides feedback to developers on how to improve.
- Collaborate with product teams to define and implement standardised deployments across the organisation, ensuring that deployment processes are efficient and reliable.
- Continuously evaluate the developer journey, identifying areas for improvement and proposing solutions to streamline processes and enhance productivity.
What we’re looking for
- Experience building developer-facing products and solutions.
- Familiarity with Backstage or similar developer portal technologies.
- Experience designing and implementing standardised deployment processes.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Strong experience working with architecture at scale and operating in AWS or similar cloud platforms.
- Experience working with ECS and Lambda is desirable.
If you are passionate about improving the developer experience, and want to work on cutting-edge products that drive innovation, then we would love to hear from you.
At Checkout.com, everything starts with our values, including the experience we offer our people.
We supercharge your professional growth with career development programs and leadership training. You can learn your way, with tailored pathways and online platforms. And be inspired at relevant conferences.
We don't stop at 'good' here. We strive for excellence amongst our teams every day and recognize colleagues who take it to the next level through our quarterly peer-nominated Hero awards.
We're proud of our global connections and inclusive environment. So we champion this through our colleague-led community groups and celebrate many cultural events together.
Apply without meeting all requirements statement
If you don't meet all the requirements but think you might still be right for the role, please apply anyway. We're always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values.
We believe in equal opportunities
We work as one team. Wherever you come from. However you identify. And whichever payment method you use.
Our clients come from all over the world — and so do we. Hiring hard-working people and giving them a community to thrive in is critical to our success.
When you join our team, we’ll empower you to unlock your potential so you can do your best work. We’d love to hear how you think you could make a difference here with us.
We want to set you up for success and make our process as accessible as possible. So let us know in your application, or tell your recruiter directly, if you need anything to make your experience or working environment more comfortable. We’ll be happy to support you.
Take a peek inside life at Checkout.com via
- Our Culture video https://youtu.be/BEwnpHuadSw
- Our careers page https://www.checkout.com/careers
- Our LinkedIn Life pages bit.ly/3OaoN1U
- Our Instagram https://www.instagram.com/checkout_com/