Engineering Manager - Risk & Identity Services
- CKO Department: Technology
Checkout.com is one of the most exciting fintechs in the world. Our mission is to enable businesses and their communities to thrive in the digital economy. We’re the strategic payments partner for some of the best known fast-moving brands globally such as Wise, Hut Group, Sony Electronics, Homebase, Henkel, Klarna and many others. Purpose-built with performance and scalability in mind, our flexible cloud-based payments platform helps global enterprises launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it's not just what we build that makes us different. It's how.
We empower passionate problem-solvers to collaborate, innovate and do their best work. That’s why we’re on the Forbes Cloud 100 list and a Great Place to Work accredited company. And we’re just getting started. We’re building diverse and inclusive teams around the world — because that’s how we create even better experiences for our merchants and our partners. And we need your help. Join us to build the digital economy of tomorrow.
Checkout.com is looking for an Engineering manager to join the Risk&ID product group and help us build the Risk Assessment Platform. Our Risk Assessment teams work in different ways to provide safety and compliance for both Checkout.com and our Merchants.
The team has been assigned the task of building a new highly-distributed platform capable of handling 10-100x higher volumes of merchant risk assessments, while ensuring the platform's security and compliance with regulations.
Leadership mentality is important as you'll drive an entire product component and mentor a brilliant team of engineers. We're ideally looking for someone who is dedicated, upbeat, and truly believes in crafting clean, testable code.
How you’ll make an impact
- Manage and support our software and infrastructure engineers working on proprietary algorithms as well as a help them advance in their careers
- Take ownership of the architecture, solutions and the delivery of projects
- Uphold high standards for our uptime and latency requirements while not sacrificing the veracity of API responses
- Participate in maintaining the team’s cohesion and healthiness
- Handle our incident response and post-incident investigation processes; participate in on-call rotations
- Make difficult choices in planning for the long-term vision of our infrastructure and its quality while not overengineering
- Maintain high-quality standards for code, infrastructure, and documentation
- Support the creation and maintenance of user documentation
- Have an impact on designing, developing, and delivering new features for our products
What we’re looking for
- Passionate about leading technical teams, being a leader as well as a manager
- Prior experience leading a technical software engineering team
- Prior experience in recruiting or building a team
- Experience in crafting and leading scalable, high efficiency, or highly available systems
- Knowledge of or experience defining a testing strategy
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Deployment using DevOps principles
- Experience with cloud-based application development (we use AWS)
- Enjoy collaborating with multidisciplinary teams on technically and conceptually exciting problems
- Experience with FinTech, fraud detection or risk management systems is a significant plus
Apply without meeting all requirements statement
If you don't meet all the requirements but think you might still be right for the role, please apply anyway. We're always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values.
We believe in equal opportunities
We work as one team. Wherever you come from. However you identify. And whichever payment method you use.
Our clients come from all over the world — and so do we. Hiring hard-working people and giving them a community to thrive in is critical to our success.
When you join our team, we’ll empower you to unlock your potential so you can do your best work. We’d love to hear how you think you could make a difference here with us.
We want to set you up for success and make our process as accessible as possible. So let us know in your application, or tell your recruiter directly, if you need anything to make your experience or working environment more comfortable. We’ll be happy to support you.
Take a peek inside life at Checkout.com via
- Our Culture video https://youtu.be/BEwnpHuadSw
- Our careers page https://www.checkout.com/careers
- Our LinkedIn Life pages bit.ly/3OaoN1U
- Our Instagram https://www.instagram.com/checkout_com/