Head of AML & Compliance
- CKO Department: Risk, Audit, and Compliance
Checkout.com is one of the most exciting fintechs in the world. Our mission is to enable businesses and their communities to thrive in the digital economy. We’re the strategic payments partner for some of the best known fast-moving brands globally such as Wise, Hut Group, Sony Electronics, Homebase, Henkel, Binance, Klarna and many others. Purpose-built with performance and scalability in mind, our flexible cloud-based payments platform helps global enterprises launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it's not just what we build that makes us different. It's how.
We empower passionate problem-solvers to collaborate, innovate and do their best work. That’s why we’re on the Forbes Cloud 100 list and a Great Place to Work accredited company. And we’re just getting started. We’re building diverse and inclusive teams around the world — because that’s how we create even better experiences for our merchants and our partners. And we need your help. Join us to build the digital economy of tomorrow.
Checkout.com are looking for an accomplished senior Compliance and AML professional, experienced in payments and technology, to act as the Head of Compliance & AML in Ireland! Reporting to the Global Head of Compliance, you'll work closely with various functional key partners to design, develop and implement AML and sanctions compliance programs in Checkout.com.
How you’ll make an impact
- Proactively participating with the development and maintenance of the local compliance Framework (Training, Policies, Procedures, Processes and Operating Memos)
- Supporting the updating AML-CTF risk classification and assessing new products/activities
- Assessing high-risk clients whether at onboarding or on regular reviews or on trigger event and delivering well-justified opinions and recommendations
- Investigate alerts reported to Compliance, draft SARs/notifications to provided to the authorities and ensure high-risk clients are being monitored accordingly
- Contributing to external reports for regulators and issuing internal reports to Senior Management (AML-CTF internal control report, AML Questionnaire, Fraud, periodical internal reports etc.)
- Collaborating with the broader Compliance team on building out the compliance risk assessment procedure and methodology
- Ensuring appropriate staffing capacity planning from Checkout.com globally to Ireland
- Building internal and external relationships to identify AML and sanctions gaps, adhering to SLA’s, implementing controls, providing recommendations, and being responsible for any resulting corrective actions and program enhancements
- Overseeing annual quality assurance review and internal audits, coordinating responses to third-party AML and sanctions audits and regulatory queries, and leading remediation efforts of any resulting findings and/or corrective actions in a timely manner.
- Preparing reports to the senior management and the Board to communicate all relevant compliance issues and escalating any important or high-risk compliance issues.
What we’re looking for
- Upwards of 5-7 years of experience in a previous Manager/Senior role within a Compliance & AML function at a Payments or Fintech organization
- Robust knowledge on Compliance and Financial Security topics (KYC, AML/CFT, Sanctions, etc.), with a proven track record to understand complex AML and sanctions risk, operational issues and develop practical, risk-based solutions
- Strong operational knowledge in building and running a sound compliance program, with hands-on knowledge and an understanding of regulatory requirements for Ireland and Europe.
- In-depth knowledge of financial services regulations and laws, and specifically related to the payments industry
- Ability to identify inefficiencies, see the bigger picture, challenge current status quo and define scalable and sustainable processes
- Capability to lead multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously in a fast-paced, high production, professional environment
- Well organised self-starter, able to prioritise quickly and meet deadlines for internal stakeholders and external regulators
- Must be a Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS)
Apply without meeting all requirements statement
If you don't meet all the requirements but think you might still be right for the role, please apply anyway. We're always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values.
We believe in equal opportunities
We work as one team. Wherever you come from. However you identify. And whichever payment method you use.
Our clients come from all over the world — and so do we. Hiring hard-working people and giving them a community to thrive in is critical to our success.
When you join our team, we’ll empower you to unlock your potential so you can do your best work. We’d love to hear how you think you could make a difference here with us.
We want to set you up for success and make our process as accessible as possible. So let us know in your application, or tell your recruiter directly, if you need anything to make your experience or working environment more comfortable. We’ll be happy to support you.
Take a peek inside life at Checkout.com via
- Our Culture video https://youtu.be/BEwnpHuadSw
- Our careers page https://www.checkout.com/careers
- Our LinkedIn Life pages bit.ly/3OaoN1U
- Our Instagram https://www.instagram.com/checkout_com/