Manager, Financial Control
- CKO Department: Finance
Checkout.com is one of the most exciting fintechs in the world. Our mission is to enable businesses and their communities to thrive in the digital economy. We’re the strategic payments partner for some of the best known fast-moving brands globally such as Wise, Hut Group, Sony Electronics, Homebase, Henkel, Klarna and many others. Purpose-built with performance and scalability in mind, our flexible cloud-based payments platform helps global enterprises launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it's not just what we build that makes us different. It's how.
We empower passionate problem-solvers to collaborate, innovate and do their best work. That’s why we’re on the Forbes Cloud 100 list and a Great Place to Work accredited company. And we’re just getting started. We’re building diverse and inclusive teams around the world — because that’s how we create even better experiences for our merchants and our partners. And we need your help. Join us to build the digital economy of tomorrow.
Checkout.com is actively looking for a qualified Manager, Financial Control to join our growing Finance team. This is a very exciting opportunity for an accounting professional to join a rapidly expanding global company.
The ideal candidate will be hands-on, self-motivated with excellent communication skills and can work to deadlines. You'll prepare monthly management accounts, prepare financial information for state filings and exams, play a central role in the US audits and support other functions required in the finance team such as Capital requirements.
How you’ll make an impact
- Responsibility for the monthly accounting for legal entities in the US/Americas regions
- Assist with financial reporting of the company on an IFRS basis to the corporate accounting function in the UK
- Complete US GAAP conversion for US reporting
- Assist with review of the financial statements for statutory year end close
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet account reconciliations
- Weekly Cash flow management to ensure sufficient funding is available to meet business needs
- Work with the tax team to ensure payments and accounting for state and federal taxes are complete
- Assist with the preparation of regulatory returns and submissions in the US region (state specific)
- Participate in continuous process improvement and documentation
- Participate in any system implementation/ testing projects or enhancements to existing systems or new applications, as required
- Other tasks as advised by management
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor's Degree with a strong academic record
- Licensed Chartered Accountant or equivalent
- 7+ years of relevant experienceExperience working with a multinational company including leading accounting and audit activities.
- Big 4 experience is a plusUp-to-date technical skills and confident in preparing IFRS and US GAAP financial statements.
- Experience using an accounting ERP system would be beneficial
- Experience with state and regulatory filings a benefit, but not a prerequisite
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and data manipulation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent analytical abilities
- Well organized, self-sufficient, hardworking and committed to results
- Highly motivated and able to work towards tight deadlines on multiple projects in a fast-paced work environment
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
New York City law requires Checkout.com to include in job postings a reasonable estimated salary range for this position. However, final salaries may vary subject to several factors, such as a candidate’s level, relevant experience, qualifications, skills and proficiency for the role. Please note that this information is provided for those in New York City only, and this role is open to candidates outside of New York City as well.
For regular full-time employees in New York City, the estimated base salary range is from : $110,500 to $130,000
Our competitive salaries are just one component of Checkout.com’s total compensation package. Additional benefits include: health, vision, dental insurance, 401k, vacation and sick and safe time, learning days and volunteer days.
To view more details of what you can look forward to, visit our careers page: https://www.checkout.com/careers.
Apply without meeting all requirements statement
If you don't meet all the requirements but think you might still be right for the role, please apply anyway. We're always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values.
We believe in equal opportunities
We work as one team. Wherever you come from. However you identify. And whichever payment method you use.
Our clients come from all over the world — and so do we. Hiring hard-working people and giving them a community to thrive in is critical to our success.
When you join our team, we’ll empower you to unlock your potential so you can do your best work. We’d love to hear how you think you could make a difference here with us.
We want to set you up for success and make our process as accessible as possible. So let us know in your application, or tell your recruiter directly, if you need anything to make your experience or working environment more comfortable. We’ll be happy to support you.
Take a peek inside life at Checkout.com via
- Our Culture video https://youtu.be/BEwnpHuadSw
- Our careers page https://www.checkout.com/careers
- Our LinkedIn Life pages bit.ly/3OaoN1U
- Our Instagram https://www.instagram.com/checkout_com/