Senior Product Manager - Finance Card Issuing
- CKO Department: Product
Checkout.com is one of the most exciting fintechs in the world. Our mission is to enable businesses and their communities to thrive in the digital economy. We’re the strategic payments partner for some of the best known fast-moving brands globally such as Wise, Hut Group, Sony Electronics, Homebase, Henkel, Klarna and many others. Purpose-built with performance and scalability in mind, our flexible cloud-based payments platform helps global enterprises launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it's not just what we build that makes us different. It's how.
We empower passionate problem-solvers to collaborate, innovate and do their best work. That’s why we’re on the Forbes Cloud 100 list and a Great Place to Work accredited company. And we’re just getting started. We’re building diverse and inclusive teams around the world — because that’s how we create even better experiences for our merchants and our partners. And we need your help. Join us to build the digital economy of tomorrow.
About the Team - Issuing
The Card Issuing Team is responsible for Checkout.com’s issuing products leveraging proprietary technology. Our mission is to build a best-in-class card issuing solution to enable businesses to innovate, move money faster & more easily and generate new revenue streams
Checkout.com is seeking a Senior Product Manager to join the Card Issuing team to help us build a scalable and reliable financial domain. This role will own the foundations of and will be responsible for setting a long-term vision and strategy for the function.
The Finance domain is a core domain of our Card Issuing product. It enables our Card Issuing platform to take decisions to approve or decline payments based on users’ balances. It also enables Checkout and its customers to charge and invoice their users and manage pricing schedules.
As a Senior Product Manager, you will provide cross-functional leadership across product, engineering, and business teams, and build a skilled product team that enables bring value to internal and external stakeholders. You will collaborate closely with them to understand their pain points, drive prioritisation for product development and unlock new financial capabilities.
- 7+ years of product management and leadership experience
- Have lead complex Product areas that have required you to work cross functionally across many teams and domains
- Experience in designing and implementing financial strategies into a scalable and real-time engine
- End-to-end understanding of the transaction lifecycle from ingestion across multiple sources to reconciliation and traceability (FX management experience is preferred)
- Ability to convert business strategy into product vision and strategic priorities to drive product roadmap and execution.
- You think from the customer perspective and are able to balance future opportunities with immediate needs
- You are great at collaborating with stakeholders in product, engineering, treasury, and finance with high EQ and influencing skills
- Data-driven, you clearly define success metrics and measure progress against them
- Effective communicator: you can get others excited about a shared vision and can simplify complex concepts for a wide range of audiences
- Experience in hiring, managing, coaching, and building high-performing product teams
- Gain a deep understanding of Checkout.com ’s customers and business
- Build strong partnerships with business, operations, product and technology stakeholders and work with them
- Own a set of finance products across their entire product life cycle that will be used by both external and internal users
- Maintain product roadmaps in collaboration with the other Issuing team product and engineering leaders.
- Identify and resolve risk early and support your engineering, design, research, product marketing, and other colleagues in project delivery
- Build, manage and develop a team of Product Managers.
- Sets clear expectations and provides valuable feedback to help your PMs grow.
Apply without meeting all requirements statement
If you don't meet all the requirements but think you might still be right for the role, please apply anyway. We're always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values.
We believe in equal opportunities
We work as one team. Wherever you come from. However you identify. And whichever payment method you use.
Our clients come from all over the world — and so do we. Hiring hard-working people and giving them a community to thrive in is critical to our success.
When you join our team, we’ll empower you to unlock your potential so you can do your best work. We’d love to hear how you think you could make a difference here with us.
We want to set you up for success and make our process as accessible as possible. So let us know in your application, or tell your recruiter directly, if you need anything to make your experience or working environment more comfortable. We’ll be happy to support you.
Take a peek inside life at Checkout.com via
- Our Culture video https://youtu.be/BEwnpHuadSw
- Our careers page https://www.checkout.com/careers
- Our LinkedIn Life pages bit.ly/3OaoN1U
- Our Instagram https://www.instagram.com/checkout_com/