Training Business Partner, Merchant Operations
- CKO Department: Client Services
Checkout.com is one of the most exciting fintechs in the world. Our mission is to enable businesses and their communities to thrive in the digital economy. We’re the strategic payments partner for some of the best known fast-moving brands globally such as Wise, Hut Group, Sony Electronics, Homebase, Henkel, Klarna and many others. Purpose-built with performance and scalability in mind, our flexible cloud-based payments platform helps global enterprises launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it's not just what we build that makes us different. It's how.
We empower passionate problem-solvers to collaborate, innovate and do their best work. That’s why we’re on the Forbes Cloud 100 list and a Great Place to Work accredited company. And we’re just getting started. We’re building diverse and inclusive teams around the world — because that’s how we create even better experiences for our merchants and our partners. And we need your help. Join us to build the digital economy of tomorrow.
Training Business Partner, Merchant Operations at Checkout.com
The Merchant Operations, Training Business Partner will provide a comprehensive and effective service that ensures our Client Services’ Merchant Care, Merchant Configuration, and Vendor Management teams have the skills, knowledge, and expertise to perform their role at the required level of competence. In this role, you'll be responsible for managing existing components of the Merchant Operations team's merchant support and configuration activities and identifying innovative opportunities for further growth.
- Design, development, and deliver training content specific to the Merchant Operations Client Services’ function daily, weekly, and monthly goals.
- Implement engaging training programs which improve teammate decision-making, average handle time adherence, and SLA achievement. Deliver blended training programs, both virtually and in person across global teams.
- Collaborate with the business teams and Merchant care process architects, to source and identify training gaps for the business, and develop customized training to address the needs.
- Stay up to date with learning innovation and training trends and lev best practices, including digital learning, instructional design practices, and learning technologies.
- Help ensure the readiness of the organization for training deployment including identifying key team members and proactively determining their needs to deliver high-quality and effective training modules.
How you’ll make an impact
- Devise effective, impactful Merchant Care / Compliance and Fraud Operations training content in line with Client Service function requirements, to market specifications.
- Ensure quality checks and correct standards are in place to ensure content is being delivered to meet both the team and FinTech market needs.
- Skills to deliver and apply a solid knowledge of Merchant Care / Compliance, Fraud Operations, Customer Due Diligence checks, and Financial Crime to an evolving FinTech environment
- Adaptability to support Client Service organisational key results and priority deliverables.
What we’re looking for
- You're a Training Specialist, with experience in Merchant Care/financial crime, ideally within a Compliance and Fraud Operations environment.
- Expert knowledge of how to lead, design and successfully deliver a broad range of training materials to drive engagement and knowledge of Compliance and Fraud Operations.
- Proven experience in a Merchant facing support operations environment, you have experience working with different support channels including phone, AI, and email.
- You have experience working cross-functionally within the Client Services department, while also collaborating with product and business teams to ensure teammate training gaps are identified and mitigated.
- With an open, adaptive working style, and excellent presentation skills, you can explain the most complicated things in the simplest way. You can produce content using a variety of multimedia, software, and learning platforms, maximizing your knowledge of instructional design methods e.g., the ADDIE method.
- You know how to tailor your training style to your audience and can run effective digital learning as well as in classroom training, or hybrid blended learning programs.
- Fluent in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong presentation skills.
- Ability to absorb feedback, evaluate and research recommended improvements and training innovations based on your training analysis.
- Quick learner who enjoys building relationships and working with people to get the best results.
Apply without meeting all requirements statement
If you don't meet all the requirements but think you might still be right for the role, please apply anyway. We're always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values.
We believe in equal opportunities
We work as one team. Wherever you come from. However you identify. And whichever payment method you use.
Our clients come from all over the world — and so do we. Hiring hard-working people and giving them a community to thrive in is critical to our success.
When you join our team, we’ll empower you to unlock your potential so you can do your best work. We’d love to hear how you think you could make a difference here with us.
We want to set you up for success and make our process as accessible as possible. So let us know in your application, or tell your recruiter directly, if you need anything to make your experience or working environment more comfortable. We’ll be happy to support you.
Take a peek inside life at Checkout.com via
- Our Culture video https://youtu.be/BEwnpHuadSw
- Our careers page https://www.checkout.com/careers
- Our LinkedIn Life pages bit.ly/3OaoN1U
- Our Instagram https://www.instagram.com/checkout_com/