Manager, Strategic Partnerships
- CKO Department: Commercial
Checkout.com is one of the most exciting fintechs in the world. Our mission is to enable businesses and their communities to thrive in the digital economy. We’re the strategic payments partner for some of the best known fast-moving brands globally such as Wise, Hut Group, Sony Electronics, Homebase, Henkel, Klarna and many others. Purpose-built with performance and scalability in mind, our flexible cloud-based payments platform helps global enterprises launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it's not just what we build that makes us different. It's how.
We empower passionate problem-solvers to collaborate, innovate and do their best work. That’s why we’re on the Forbes Cloud 100 list and a Great Place to Work accredited company. And we’re just getting started. We’re building diverse and inclusive teams around the world — because that’s how we create even better experiences for our merchants and our partners. And we need your help. Join us to build the digital economy of tomorrow.
We're looking for a Manager, Strategic Partnerships to join the Strategic Partnerships team for the core Southern Europe market. You'll be responsible for growing our platform partnerships, including the Agency and Systems Integrator (SI) partner ecosystem. Based in Barcelona and reporting directly to the VP of Sales, you’ll have ownership over how Checkout.com partners in this critical market and abundant opportunity to grow your scope and career through demonstrated impact.
This role is highly cross-functional, where you’ll work with some of the brightest minds in payments & fintech across product, engineering, sales, and marketing. With a combination of strategy, scrappiness, and grit, you’ll develop relationships with influential e-commerce players and design innovative partner programs to bring best-in-class solutions to our customers.
How you’ll make an impact
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in Partnerships, Business Development, Sales, or Account Management roles at a technology, e-commerce, payments, or financial services company
- Well-connected in the e-commerce or fintech space, preferably with a network of key agency and SI partners
- Understanding of payments preferred, or ability to quickly learn sophisticated concepts
- Confident in relationship building and public speaking with high EQ and a sense of humility and humour
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment: proactive, self-motivated, driven, and organized
- Collaborative and open, with experience working with product, engineering, sales, and marketing teams preferred
- Fluent in Spanish and Portuguese is imperative
What we’re looking for
- Driving more revenue to the Southern Europe market through platform and agency partnerships
- Leading the Agency and SI Partnerships function for the region by developing strategic relationships with key stakeholders, managing partner programs, and creating playbooks to scale channel sales
- Growing Checkout.com’s presence by strategically positioning our solutions and closely aligning to partners’ differentiators and market coverage
- Becoming an expert on Checkout.com’s product offering and working closely with the Product Management team to improve our offering for partners
- Balancing resourceful outreach with data-driven focus, tracking success through metrics and working with the Commercial team to define a partner strategy
- Drive and attend partner meetups, industry events, and other in-person meetings to deepen relationships, becoming a critical voice and evangelist among partners
- Working with a global cross-functional team collaboratively to develop and launch partner programs
Apply without meeting all requirements statement
If you don't meet all the requirements but think you might still be right for the role, please apply anyway. We're always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values.
We believe in equal opportunities
We work as one team. Wherever you come from. However you identify. And whichever payment method you use.
Our clients come from all over the world — and so do we. Hiring hard-working people and giving them a community to thrive in is critical to our success.
When you join our team, we’ll empower you to unlock your potential so you can do your best work. We’d love to hear how you think you could make a difference here with us.
We want to set you up for success and make our process as accessible as possible. So let us know in your application, or tell your recruiter directly, if you need anything to make your experience or working environment more comfortable. We’ll be happy to support you.
Take a peek inside life at Checkout.com via
- Our Culture video https://youtu.be/BEwnpHuadSw
- Our careers page https://www.checkout.com/careers
- Our LinkedIn Life pages bit.ly/3OaoN1U
- Our Instagram https://www.instagram.com/checkout_com/