Senior Analyst, Payments
- CKO Department: Finance
Checkout.com's finance department is looking for a hands-on professional who can provide expert support to the Regional Payments Manager - APAC, having a proven track record to work with minimal day to day supervision.
The successful candidate will need to be an independent, diligent individual, able to stand out in an entrepreneurial environment. This role is an excellent opportunity to further improve existing knowledge and skills around payments and operational finance within a team with wide-ranging responsibilities.
What you'll be doing
- Analyze cash inflow and outflows to determine liquidity requirement for merchant processing
- Execute FX trades to ensure sufficient liquidity
- Review merchant contractual terms to determine optimal payout cycle, funding requirements etc.
- Processing of Merchant Payments on various regional banking platforms
- Monitor and reconcile transactions and payment volumes across all our systems daily
- Undertake daily scheme reconciliations, compare clearing to receipt of funds and investigating deviations
- Input/review/approve outgoing merchant payments
- Dealing with merchant payment queries and investigations
- Reviewing processes and procedures
- Collaborating closely with our external partners(eg. banks, card schemes, regulators, etc.)
- Working and collaborating with multiple teams across the organization (viz. Commercial, Product, Legal, Compliance, Accounting, etc) to ensure seamless product launches and operational readiness
- Use strong problem solving skills and a deep understanding of our systems to resolve queries with our customers in mind
- Assisting the rest of the regional treasury team as required
- Ad hoc reporting as required
- Involved in regulatory submissions as required
- In-depth understanding of treasury process
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with tight delivery schedules and prioritize accordingly
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Process-oriented and high level of attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to build strong cross-functional relationships and work collaboratively
- Demonstrated experience of working within the financial services industry with an understanding of Payments
- High level of proficiency with MS Excel (Highly desirable)
- Process driven – You understand processes intuitively, are highly organized, and are constantly on the lookout to improve the way you work. You love tweaking things.
- Collaborative – You seek first to understand and then to be understood. You communicate your actions and intentions clearly - verbally as well as in written form.
- Proactive – You have a proactive attitude towards problems. You pay attention to details and think about the implications of what you are doing.
- Most importantly, a teammate - someone fully committed to their team and who takes pride in their work, both independently and as a collective.
Apply without meeting all requirements statement
If you don't meet all the requirements but think you might still be right for the role, please apply anyway. We're always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values.
We believe in equal opportunities
We work as one team. Wherever you come from. However you identify. And whichever payment method you use.
Our clients come from all over the world — and so do we. Hiring hard-working people and giving them a community to thrive in is critical to our success.
When you join our team, we’ll empower you to unlock your potential so you can do your best work. We’d love to hear how you think you could make a difference here with us.
We want to set you up for success and make our process as accessible as possible. So let us know in your application, or tell your recruiter directly, if you need anything to make your experience or working environment more comfortable. We’ll be happy to support you.
Take a peek inside life at Checkout.com via
- Our Culture video https://youtu.be/BEwnpHuadSw
- Our careers page https://www.checkout.com/careers
- Our LinkedIn Life pages bit.ly/3OaoN1U
- Our Instagram https://www.instagram.com/checkout_com/