Senior Manager, Product Design
- CKO Department: Product
Checkout.com is one of the most exciting fintechs in the world. Our mission is to enable businesses and their communities to thrive in the digital economy. We’re the strategic payments partner for some of the best known fast-moving brands globally such as Wise, Hut Group, Sony Electronics, Homebase, Henkel, Klarna and many others. Purpose-built with performance and scalability in mind, our flexible cloud-based payments platform helps global enterprises launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it's not just what we build that makes us different. It's how.
We empower passionate problem-solvers to collaborate, innovate and do their best work. That’s why we’re on the Forbes Cloud 100 list and a Great Place to Work accredited company. And we’re just getting started. We’re building diverse and inclusive teams around the world — because that’s how we create even better experiences for our merchants and our partners. And we need your help. Join us to build the digital economy of tomorrow.
Location: London or Berlin (relocation and visa sponsorship offered)
Checkout.com is seeking a seasoned product design leader who will take on a strategic role in driving the product design vision for Checkout.com’s dashboard products. They'll lead the team through building customer understanding and craft experiences to simplify payment operations, provide transparency and guidance to unlock new revenue opportunities and protect the financial health for the businesses.
Reporting directly to the Senior Director of Design within the Merchant Experience pillar, this person should be a skilled manager of creative teams and a strong collaborator with product and engineering counterparts. They must be an effective communicator, especially when it comes to relaying creative concepts, through to final designs, presenting at each stage across subject areas and stakeholders.
- Establish the product design vision and strategy for merchant dashboard products at Checkout.com and lead the team through delivering products and features are valuable for our merchants and customers
- Develop a collaborative, passionate and inclusive team of product designers who deliver impactful and high quality design work
- Empower the team to deliver measurable improvements to the products
- Grow the team’s impact and their career through effective coaching and continuous performance enablement
- Work closely with design team and cross-functional partners to align work on key programs and priorities
- Drive collaboration and vision across the product organization to facilitate building end-to-end experiences for our merchants and customers
- Design organizational plans for near and long term and proactively work towards staffing decisions based on business priorities
- Shape Checkout.com’s and the design team’s culture, through collaboration, feedback, and proactive participation on key programs and initiatives
- Proven track record and experience in a senior design leadership role
- Practical experience with leading product designers in agile product development environment with ability to foster and grow cross-functional partnerships
- Experience in building, leading and developing design organizations at scale
- Experience delivering high quality design solutions for a variety of enterprise or consumer applications and platforms that drive meaningful business outcomes
- Excellent cross-functional and cross-organizational relationship-building skills, with the ability to drive organizational design career development
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, including distilling findings into insights to engage and inspire various stakeholders
- Experience developing strategic initiatives, opportunity analysis, and negotiating business trade-offs
- Solid organizational and project management skills
- Thoughtful, impact-focused and intentional in building teams, products and organizations
- Growth mindset, adaptability and ability to navigate ambiguity or change
- Ability to work autonomously and independently on leading teams and programs
Apply without meeting all requirements statement
If you don't meet all the requirements but think you might still be right for the role, please apply anyway. We're always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values.
We believe in equal opportunities
We work as one team. Wherever you come from. However you identify. And whichever payment method you use.
Our clients come from all over the world — and so do we. Hiring hard-working people and giving them a community to thrive in is critical to our success.
When you join our team, we’ll empower you to unlock your potential so you can do your best work. We’d love to hear how you think you could make a difference here with us.
We want to set you up for success and make our process as accessible as possible. So let us know in your application, or tell your recruiter directly, if you need anything to make your experience or working environment more comfortable. We’ll be happy to support you.
Take a peek inside life at Checkout.com via
- Our Culture video https://youtu.be/BEwnpHuadSw
- Our careers page https://www.checkout.com/careers
- Our LinkedIn Life pages bit.ly/3OaoN1U
- Our Instagram https://www.instagram.com/checkout_com/