Analyst I, Financial Crime Compliance
- CKO Department: Risk, Audit, and Compliance
Checkout.com is actively looking for an Analyst, Compliance Data who will analyse, assess investigate and report on transaction monitoring globally
This is an excellent opportunity to build immediate impact and progress your career in a fast-growing payments company, specialising in providing compliance data analytics to a global audience. Working closely with internal business, operations, risk and various functional key-stakeholders, the role will be key in providing both a granular and C-suite level of management information related to the compliance function.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience in data management, as well as the ability to communicate data in a consumable, sustainable and presentable format. It will also be a proactive and confident individual with strong analytical, organisational and technical skills, and one who can demonstrate the ability to exercise good judgement in a fast-paced environment.
In this role, you will also contribute to maintaining and improving our TM systems and controls. In addition, be involved in improving processes and procedures, reviewing and improving rules that generate alerts, as well as investigating cases raised by 1st level review teams and advising on required actions.
You'll be part of the Financial Crime Compliance department, and this role will work closely with various teams, including Risk, Operations, Merchant Reviews, Product, Engineering and BI to name a few.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work closely with various teams (including Risk, Operations, Product and BI) and analyse compliance-related data from across the business
- Perform in-depth technical analysis of data to identify trends, patterns and highlight potential issues
- Operate and run TM tool(s)
- Chip in with colleagues in the team to producing insightful and automated dashboards in order to facilitate senior management’s decisions and understanding of the issues and/or achievements of the teams
- Suggest ideas for improvements to the support process and infrastructure and strive to continually improve the process
- Assist in the production of detailed data for internal and external audits
- Maintain, improve and test configurations of sanctions screening applications, ensuring the effectiveness of the rules as well as of the operational processes
- Identify, assess, and advise on compliance risks and control enhancements to mitigate risks related to AML and CTF
- Support the execution of the TM processes and Risk Assessment
- Keep updated with the Global AML regulations and changes
- Provide guidance to level 1 teams where required, including training
- Data analysis and manipulation in order to identify outliers
- At least 2 years of proven AML & CTF investigations experience
- Analytically minded
- Experience in a similar role within a fast-paced, innovative organisation, ideally in the payments industry and/or in a Fintech
- Ideally experience with Databases (Oracle, SQL server, Snowflake, Looker)
- Experience in manipulation and production of data through best-in-class tools (Python, VBA, etc) (nice to have)
- Experience in TM systems and tools
- Sophisticated skills in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with AML and CTF and regulations
- Comfortable with querying databases and creating management reports
- Standout colleague with strong collaborative qualities and a positive demeanour
- Superb attention to details
- Proactive attitude to suggest and to implement improvements ideas
- Excellent time leadership skills with the ability to prioritise work efficiently
- Solution-driven attitude and proactive approach
- Ability to suggest and to implement improvements ideas
- Superb attention to detail and accuracy
- Good communication skills and ability to summarise technical information to senior team members
Apply without meeting all requirements statement
If you don't meet all the requirements but think you might still be right for the role, please apply anyway. We're always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values.
We believe in equal opportunities
We work as one team. Wherever you come from. However you identify. And whichever payment method you use.
Our clients come from all over the world — and so do we. Hiring hard-working people and giving them a community to thrive in is critical to our success.
When you join our team, we’ll empower you to unlock your potential so you can do your best work. We’d love to hear how you think you could make a difference here with us.
We want to set you up for success and make our process as accessible as possible. So let us know in your application, or tell your recruiter directly, if you need anything to make your experience or working environment more comfortable. We’ll be happy to support you.
Take a peek inside life at Checkout.com via
- Our Culture video https://youtu.be/BEwnpHuadSw
- Our careers page https://www.checkout.com/careers
- Our LinkedIn Life pages bit.ly/3OaoN1U
- Our Instagram https://www.instagram.com/checkout_com/