Head of Operational Excellence
- CKO Department: Client Services
Checkout.com is one of the most exciting fintechs in the world. Our mission is to enable businesses and their communities to thrive in the digital economy. We’re the strategic payments partner for some of the best known fast-moving brands globally such as Wise, Hut Group, Sony Electronics, Homebase, Henkel, Klarna and many others. Purpose-built with performance and scalability in mind, our flexible cloud-based payments platform helps global enterprises launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it's not just what we build that makes us different. It's how.
We empower passionate problem-solvers to collaborate, innovate and do their best work. That’s why we’re on the Forbes Cloud 100 list and a Great Place to Work accredited company. And we’re just getting started. We’re building diverse and inclusive teams around the world — because that’s how we create even better experiences for our merchants and our partners. And we need your help. Join us to build the digital economy of tomorrow.
Reporting to the VP, Client Services, the Head of Operational Excellence will work alongside process-owners within Compliance and Fraud Operations, Merchant Operations, and Credit Risk to develop and improve operating processes across the business, optimise efficiencies and enable us to scale our operations successfully. You'll have an operational approach while being strategic about future-proofing our business. This role will collaborate with product, risk and merchant care partners to design and build operational processes.
You'll lead change to support the growth and performance of our Merchant customer experience whilst constantly reviewing processes and procedures for efficiencies and efficacy.
The Head of Operational Excellence will drive higher performance levels, through the delivery of simplification initiatives and training programmes that ensure first line teams are providing excellent Merchant Care, within a global, best in class risk and compliance programme.
How you’ll make an impact
- Drive accountability and responsibility for processes throughout the business.
- Have a commercial approach which balances governance and best practice
- Collaborating with process owners across different regional and functional teams to facilitate effective process development.
- Defining, implementing, measuring, and improving standard work processes that will drive customer experience, operational efficiency and performance improvement.
- Analysing and improving existing processes to ensure consistently phenomenal customer outcomes.
- Reviewing processes end-to-end, through the eye of the business, customers, and other key partners, and supporting the introduction of innovation/technology into the process, where appropriate and commercially viable, to deliver an impactful result.
- Developing a review and feedback mechanism to continuously improve and update our processes and ensure lessons learned and evolving standard methodology (including third-party best practices) are adopted.
- Identify training needs and implement support programmes within operations.
What we’re looking for
- 10+ years in an operations environment with previous experience working with Product, Risk and Merchant Care teams.
- 10+ years experience in project management and people leadership
- An analytical mind and comprehensive problem-solving skills to enable you to quickly get to the root cause of an issue and design practical and effective plans to resolve/improve them
- Relentlessly client focused: a passion for customer service and ability to inspire confidence in clients and partners
- Methodical, analytical with exceptional organisation skills including ability to prioritise and to take ownership
- An ability to challenge the status quo and curiosity to learn.
- Demonstrate resilience and flexibility through challenge and change
- Highly collaborative and thrive working as part of a team
- Versatile and able to cope with multiple focus areas at once
- Committed to knowledge sharing proactively and developing team members and colleagues
- A good decision maker, able to bring a healthy, balanced approach to business with a strong customer focus
Apply without meeting all requirements statement
If you don't meet all the requirements but think you might still be right for the role, please apply anyway. We're always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values.
We believe in equal opportunities
We work as one team. Wherever you come from. However you identify. And whichever payment method you use.
Our clients come from all over the world — and so do we. Hiring hard-working people and giving them a community to thrive in is critical to our success.
When you join our team, we’ll empower you to unlock your potential so you can do your best work. We’d love to hear how you think you could make a difference here with us.
We want to set you up for success and make our process as accessible as possible. So let us know in your application, or tell your recruiter directly, if you need anything to make your experience or working environment more comfortable. We’ll be happy to support you.
Take a peek inside life at Checkout.com via
- Our Culture video https://youtu.be/BEwnpHuadSw
- Our careers page https://www.checkout.com/careers
- Our LinkedIn Life pages bit.ly/3OaoN1U
- Our Instagram https://www.instagram.com/checkout_com/