Paralegal, Corporate & Subsidiary Management
- CKO Department: Legal
Checkout.com is one of the most exciting fintechs in the world. Our mission is to enable businesses and their communities to thrive in the digital economy. We’re the strategic payments partner for some of the best known fast-moving brands globally such as Wise, Hut Group, Sony Electronics, Homebase, Henkel, Klarna and many others. Purpose-built with performance and scalability in mind, our flexible cloud-based payments platform helps global enterprises launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it's not just what we build that makes us different. It's how.
We empower passionate problem-solvers to collaborate, innovate and do their best work. That’s why we’re on the Forbes Cloud 100 list and a Great Place to Work accredited company. And we’re just getting started. We’re building diverse and inclusive teams around the world — because that’s how we create even better experiences for our merchants and our partners. And we need your help. Join us to build the digital economy of tomorrow.
Paralegal at Checkout.com:
Checkout.com is seeking a dedicated Junior Paralegal to join our legal team to support business growth and expansion!
As part of our Corporate and Subsidiary Management team, you'll deal with subsidiary management matters across multiple jurisdictions and provide assistance to key business departments (Tax, Treasury, Finance, Strategy, and M&A) in all corporate and group administration matters. You'll be reporting to the head of our Corporate Subsidiary team.
Collaborating with all core functions within the company, the successful candidate will take a lead role in reviewing and triaging business queries related to Checkout.com’s subsidiaries, as well as owning processes to include signature and KYC requests, arranging notarizations and apostilles, processing incoming invoices, managing minute books and entity information, coordinating board and committee meetings, and other workflows to support the organisation and functionality of the team.
How you’ll make an impact
- Managing incoming requests timely and accurately and using judgement to delegate or escalate as required.
- Maintaining corporate records related to entity and director information.
- Arranging for signatures, notarization, and apostilles for various legal documents.
- Collaborating closely with external counsel and corporate service providers, as well as internal business and legal partners.
- Helping to improve, streamline and automate existing workflows and processes.
- Drafting and reviewing a variety of legal documents (corporate resolutions and minutes of board meetings, etc.).
- Assisting with legal billing and invoicing.
- Scheduling and preparing board and committee meetings, and assisting with taking meeting minutes.
What we’re looking for
- Prior experience with corporate or subsidiary management matters (including corporate governance).
- Experience working with external business advisors, particularly internationally.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to handle a high workload.
- Ability to work autonomously and independently with minimal mentorship.
- High level of written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Be open-minded and willing to accept new challenges.
- Be a systemic thinker with proven abilities for process improvement and simplification.
- Experience or interest in legal or technical operations.
- Prior experience working with Diligent Systems, CSC Entity Management or any other entity management software is a plus.
Apply without meeting all requirements statement
If you don't meet all the requirements but think you might still be right for the role, please apply anyway. We're always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values.
We believe in equal opportunities
We work as one team. Wherever you come from. However you identify. And whichever payment method you use.
Our clients come from all over the world — and so do we. Hiring hard-working people and giving them a community to thrive in is critical to our success.
When you join our team, we’ll empower you to unlock your potential so you can do your best work. We’d love to hear how you think you could make a difference here with us.
We want to set you up for success and make our process as accessible as possible. So let us know in your application, or tell your recruiter directly, if you need anything to make your experience or working environment more comfortable. We’ll be happy to support you.
Take a peek inside life at Checkout.com via
- Our Culture video https://youtu.be/BEwnpHuadSw
- Our careers page https://www.checkout.com/careers
- Our LinkedIn Life pages bit.ly/3OaoN1U
- Our Instagram https://www.instagram.com/checkout_com/