Senior Manager - Risk, Audit & Compliance Governance
- CKO Department: Risk, Audit, and Compliance
Checkout.com is one of the most exciting fintechs in the world. Our mission is to enable businesses and their communities to thrive in the digital economy. We’re the strategic payments partner for some of the best known fast-moving brands globally such as Wise, Hut Group, Sony Electronics, Homebase, Henkel, Klarna and many others. Purpose-built with performance and scalability in mind, our flexible cloud-based payments platform helps global enterprises launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it's not just what we build that makes us different. It's how.
We empower passionate problem-solvers to collaborate, innovate and do their best work. That’s why we’re on the Forbes Cloud 100 list and a Great Place to Work accredited company. And we’re just getting started. We’re building diverse and inclusive teams around the world — because that’s how we create even better experiences for our merchants and our partners. And we need your help. Join us to build the digital economy of tomorrow.
Checkout.com are hiring a Senior Manager, Financial Crime Governance to join our Risk, Audit and Compliance function! Reporting into the Director, Financial Crime Compliance, you'll have Global oversight of governance for Financial Crime policies, consistencies, audit and exam responses for Checkout.com.
You'll also be building a lot of key relationships across the board with different Checkout.com's global MLRO's and going to help them complete their audits and manage action plans
How you’ll make an impact
- Develop business plans, risk assessments, policies and procedures for AML and sanctions, new products and services reviews, and work with legal personnel to draft business applications to get the appropriate e-money and /or payment service licences/registration.
- Manage the FCC hiring, conduct capacity planning, track team and individual Key Performance Indicators (KPIs),and Key Risk Indicators (KRIs) for the program.
- Oversee annual internal audit engagements, coordinate responses to third-party AML and sanctions audits and regulatory examinations or queries, and drive remediation efforts of any resulting findings and/or corrective actions in a timely manner.
- Conduct annual risk assessments and make annual updates to policies, procedures, and other relevant program documents.
- Manage the global AML and Sanctions training program including creating a training plan and managing the overall completion of required and targeted AML and Sanctions training.
- Manage the global financial crime management information reporting process
- Prepare reports to the Global Head, senior management, and the Board of Directors to communicate all relevant compliance issues and call out any important or high risk compliance issues.
- Manage other scaling projects for Financial Crimes Compliance that need you to build a strategy, determine a game plan and operationally implement, understand and resolve organisational alignment challenges, and effectively communicate progress to a broad audience of stakeholders. For example, support the implementation of the GRC tool for Compliance.
- Work with internal teams (such as legal, product, business development) to identify clear steps to avoid regulatory risks and to provide solutions
What we’re looking for
- Preferably a payments background, however fintech/financial services will be beneficial too
- Strong operational knowledge in building and running a sound compliance program, with hands-on knowledge and an understanding of regulatory requirements
- Proven track record to understand complex AML and sanctions risk and operational issues and develop practical and risk-based solutions.
- Ability to provide practical, strategic advice, and work independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to effectively present on AML and sanctions topics to internal and external parties.
- Proven track record to oversee multiple concurrent projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; at ease communicating and addressing senior management.
Apply without meeting all requirements statement
If you don't meet all the requirements but think you might still be right for the role, please apply anyway. We're always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values.
We believe in equal opportunities
We work as one team. Wherever you come from. However you identify. And whichever payment method you use.
Our clients come from all over the world — and so do we. Hiring hard-working people and giving them a community to thrive in is critical to our success.
When you join our team, we’ll empower you to unlock your potential so you can do your best work. We’d love to hear how you think you could make a difference here with us.
We want to set you up for success and make our process as accessible as possible. So let us know in your application, or tell your recruiter directly, if you need anything to make your experience or working environment more comfortable. We’ll be happy to support you.
Take a peek inside life at Checkout.com via
- Our Culture video https://youtu.be/BEwnpHuadSw
- Our careers page https://www.checkout.com/careers
- Our LinkedIn Life pages bit.ly/3OaoN1U
- Our Instagram https://www.instagram.com/checkout_com/