Part-time, Sales Associate
- 200 Able Dr, Dayton, TN 37321, USA
Goodwill is much more than just retail stores. For more than 90 years, Chattanooga Goodwill Industries has helped people with disabilities and other disadvantages get the training and support they need to find competitive employment in the community.
Since 1923, we’ve been in the business of empowering people through work and employment. We provide a hand up, not a handout, to people who face a variety of barriers. Challenges might be mental, physical and emotional disabilities or other disadvantages such as a lack of education or a long absence from the working world. We offer them job training and other resources they need to find and keep a job. People who come to Goodwill want to be self-sufficient members of the community. They know the sense of independence and self-worth that comes with earning a paycheck.
Funding for these programs and services comes from the sale of donated items in Goodwill retail stores; from personal, corporate and state financial contributions; and from contract labor services that Goodwill provides to businesses and government.
Goodwill is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, which means that all donations are fully tax-deductible as allowed by law. We are a member agency of Goodwill Industries International and United Way of Greater Chattanooga, and we are accredited by CARF.
This position provides superior customer service to donors and customers by contributing to effective store operations.
Provides customer service
- Available to assist customers cheerfully
- Keeps store well stocked and clean, with merchandise appropriately displayed
- Wears professional attire (knows and complies with the Professional Attire Policy)
- Knows and follows CGI’s customer service policies and procedures
Provides donor service
- Gives prompt assistance to people wishing to donate
- Offers every donor a receipt
- Responds appropriately to questions regarding CGI’s policy on accepting items for donations
- Communicates merchandise shipment concerns to management
- Operates POS system
- Verifies cash drawer count
- Processes customer sales according to established procedures
- Understands and follows the Cash Drawer Policy
- Works assigned schedule
- On the floor and ready to work by scheduled starting time
- Understands and follows Attendance Policy
- Works at other store locations as needed
- CGI provides advance notice when possible
- Travel costs are reimbursed in accordance to CGI’s Travel Policy
- Complies with safety rules and performs duties in a safe manner
- Understands and complies with the Personal Protective Equipment Policy
- Understands and complies with all policies and procedures related to safety
- Complies with Loss Prevention policies and procedures
- Employee Purchase Policy
- Bag Check Policy
- Cash Drawer Policy
May include other duties as assigned by management.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Six months previous retail experience preferred but not required
- Good verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with diverse group of individuals
- Ability to perform basic math functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division)
- Works Assigned Schedule
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.