Full-time, Outlet Store Manager
- 3321 Dodds Ave, Chattanooga, TN 37407, USA
Goodwill is much more than just retail stores. For more than 90 years, Chattanooga Goodwill Industries has helped people with disabilities and other disadvantages get the training and support they need to find competitive employment in the community.
Since 1923, we’ve been in the business of empowering people through work and employment. We provide a hand up, not a handout, to people who face a variety of barriers. Challenges might be mental, physical and emotional disabilities or other disadvantages such as a lack of education or a long absence from the working world. We offer them job training and other resources they need to find and keep a job. People who come to Goodwill want to be self-sufficient members of the community. They know the sense of independence and self-worth that comes with earning a paycheck.
Funding for these programs and services comes from the sale of donated items in Goodwill retail stores; from personal, corporate and state financial contributions; and from contract labor services that Goodwill provides to businesses and government.
Goodwill is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, which means that all donations are fully tax-deductible as allowed by law. We are a member agency of Goodwill Industries International and United Way of Greater Chattanooga, and we are accredited by CARF.
The Outlet Store Manager is responsible for effectively managing the operation of a store, ensuring that donors and customers receive superior customer service and that production, sales and margin goals are achieved.
Supervises all employees assigned to the store.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assures completion of POS transactions and the proper control of cash and media at the POS registers according to policies and procedures
- Assists in the training of new sales associates
- Prepares weekly work schedule
- Verifies daily time cards, production reports, truck orders, supply orders and other reports as needed
- Communicates performance issues with senior management
- Hires sales associates and processors, handles disciplinary actions involving store employees
- Prepares performance appraisals for store employees, coordinates appraisals for the Assistant Manager and Manager Trainee with senior management
- Serves as first key holder and is responsible for the opening and closing procedures of the store
- Works at other stores as needed
- Prepares daily deposits, change, makes bank runs, and has access to safe combinations
- Ensures compliance of company policies, procedures and practices, and supports loss prevention efforts
- Other duties as needed
This position requires moving and standing in one place for extended periods of time. Bending, stooping, reaching, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling and moving items.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two years' previous retail experience is preferred
SKILLS & ABILITIES
The Outlet Store Manager must have strong communication skills and work well with others. Must be courteous and efficient, and highly skilled in providing prompt and friendly service. Cash handling, strong math skills, the ability to multitask, being detail oriented and highly observant are all a plus.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES & REGISTRATIONS
May apply on our website https://goodwillchatt.org/jobs/