Full-time, Truck Driver
- 3321 Dodds Ave, Chattanooga, TN 37407, USA
Goodwill is much more than just retail stores. For more than 90 years, Chattanooga Goodwill Industries has helped people with disabilities and other disadvantages get the training and support they need to find competitive employment in the community.
Since 1923, we’ve been in the business of empowering people through work and employment. We provide a hand up, not a handout, to people who face a variety of barriers. Challenges might be mental, physical and emotional disabilities or other disadvantages such as a lack of education or a long absence from the working world. We offer them job training and other resources they need to find and keep a job. People who come to Goodwill want to be self-sufficient members of the community. They know the sense of independence and self-worth that comes with earning a paycheck.
Funding for these programs and services comes from the sale of donated items in Goodwill retail stores; from personal, corporate and state financial contributions; and from contract labor services that Goodwill provides to businesses and government.
Goodwill is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, which means that all donations are fully tax-deductible as allowed by law. We are a member agency of Goodwill Industries International and United Way of Greater Chattanooga, and we are accredited by CARF.
WE HAVE RECENTLY INCREASED OUR PAY FOR TRUCK DRIVERS!!!
**YOU WILL NEED TO FILL OUT A SEPARATE DRIVING APPLICATION FOR THIS POSITION. ONCE YOU APPLY, THAT APPLICATION WILL BE EMAILED TO YOU OR YOU CAN CONTACT OUR OFFICE AT 423.629.2401 EXT. 2410 AND HAVE ONE EMAILED TO YOU . PLEASE FILL IT OUT AND BRING IT TO US AT THE MAIN OFFICE: 3500 DODDS AVE, CHATTANOOGA, TN 37407 or you MAY FAX TO 423-648-4020 **
JOB DESCRIPTION - TRUCK DRIVER-
The Truck Driver ensures the safe and timely delivery of all merchandise and materials. This movement can be from Attended Donation Centers (ADCs) to stores, from donors' homes to stores, or any other required movement. The Truck Driver is to always serve donors with professional and courteous service.
- Inspects vehicle to determine safe operating conditions prior to route departure and completion of daily vehicle inspection report.
- Responsible for reporting all accidents or damage to company vehicle equipment directly to supervisor and completing all necessary incident reports.
- Responsible for safe vehicle operation, including proper wheel clock use and safe loading/unloading, for agency purposes only, without deviation from scheduled route.
- Responsible for receiving daily schedule prior to leaving main facility.
- Responsible for servicing ADC sites and other donation sites according to schedule, handling all donations with care.
- Responsible for transportation of usable materials to the dump according to schedule.
- Responsible for extending professional and courteous service to all donors and Goodwill employees.
- Responsible for the reasonable placement of merchandise in accordance with retail managers' directions. Also responsible for removal of unusable merchandise.
- Responsible for setting an example of cooperative teamwork behavior.
- Responsible for understanding role as a primary agency public relations representative due to daily and ongoing visibility and interaction with the community.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Ability to listen to supervisor, asking questions when in need of clarity.
- Must have a working knowledge of agency territory and ability to read and follow a map.
- Ability to perform safety checks and minor truck maintenance as necessary.
- Ability to offer positive customer service to donors, fellow employees and others.
Training & Experience
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent preferred, with the ability to read, write and do basic math.
- Exposure to distribution and trucking with an interest in becoming a Truck Driver, along with customer service experience.
- Good driving record.
License or Certificate
- CDL-A required
- Must pass a DOT drug screen and physical
- Must pass MVR.
Please apply on our website: https://goodwillchatt.org/jobs/
Our full-time employees are offered a competitive benefit package including holiday pay, vacation/sick time, 401K, medical/dental/vision benefits and life insurance. Also employees are eligible for discount saving programs such as savings with cell phone carriers and discounts at our retail stores. Truck routes are local.