- 3500 Dodds Ave, Chattanooga, TN 37407, USA
Goodwill is much more than just retail stores. For more than 90 years, Chattanooga Goodwill Industries has helped people with disabilities and other disadvantages get the training and support they need to find competitive employment in the community.
Since 1923, we’ve been in the business of empowering people through work and employment. We provide a hand up, not a handout, to people who face a variety of barriers. Challenges might be mental, physical and emotional disabilities or other disadvantages such as a lack of education or a long absence from the working world. We offer them job training and other resources they need to find and keep a job. People who come to Goodwill want to be self-sufficient members of the community. They know the sense of independence and self-worth that comes with earning a paycheck.
Funding for these programs and services comes from the sale of donated items in Goodwill retail stores; from personal, corporate and state financial contributions; and from contract labor services that Goodwill provides to businesses and government.
Goodwill is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, which means that all donations are fully tax-deductible as allowed by law. We are a member agency of Goodwill Industries International and United Way of Greater Chattanooga, and we are accredited by CARF.
To implement the daily activities of Chattanooga Goodwill Industries, Inc., HELPS program, and entrusted to build and maintain a positive environment for donors and clients.
· Defines and relates to clients’ needs.
· Accepts HELP’s applications in a timely manner and forwards completed applications to the supervisor daily.
· Maintains positive interaction with HELPS/Voucher clients and all referral agencies.
· Assists with the completion of orders and notifying clients of pick-up procedures.
· Assists in the recruitment and training of volunteers.
· Supervises clients, volunteers and employees in the HELPs area
· Maintains a safe environment for volunteers, co-workers, donors and clients.
· Effectively manages donated medical equipment inventory for maximum customer service.
· Coordinate the efforts of volunteers, co-workers, and clients to repair and sanitize medical equipment to meet program goals.
· Regular attendance is an essential function.
May include other duties as assigned by senior management
KEY KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
· Must possess a High School Diploma or GED
· Experience working in the medical field
· Knowledge of medical equipment
· Helpful to have knowledge of repairing of electric motors used for wheel chairs
· Must be detail oriented
· The ability to work independently
· Effective use of time to enable prompt client service
· Demonstrate and apply basic precautions for disease transmission
· Must have good verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to work with colleagues and supervisors as part of a team