Full-time and Part-time, ADC Attendant - Dalton, Ga
- 1818 Chattanooga Rd, Dalton, GA 30720, USA
Goodwill is much more than just retail stores. For more than 90 years, Chattanooga Goodwill Industries has helped people with disabilities and other disadvantages get the training and support they need to find competitive employment in the community.
Since 1923, we’ve been in the business of empowering people through work and employment. We provide a hand up, not a handout, to people who face a variety of barriers. Challenges might be mental, physical and emotional disabilities or other disadvantages such as a lack of education or a long absence from the working world. We offer them job training and other resources they need to find and keep a job. People who come to Goodwill want to be self-sufficient members of the community. They know the sense of independence and self-worth that comes with earning a paycheck.
Funding for these programs and services comes from the sale of donated items in Goodwill retail stores; from personal, corporate and state financial contributions; and from contract labor services that Goodwill provides to businesses and government.
Goodwill is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, which means that all donations are fully tax-deductible as allowed by law. We are a member agency of Goodwill Industries International and United Way of Greater Chattanooga, and we are accredited by CARF.
The ADC Attendant must service donors in a courteous manner and assist customers with moving donations from their vehicles to the donation center. The ADC Attendant is responsible for furnishing receipts and thanking the donors. Items are to be sorted, and placed in the designated collection bin(s) as directed by the supervisor(s) and the Director of Donations. The ADC Attendant is responsible for assisting in keeping the area in and around the donation center clean and orderly.
- Provides for the most consistent daily acquisiton of donations at the Attended Donation Centers
- Represents Goodwill by assisting donors in a prompt, friendly manner when unloading their donations and providing receipts
- Safeguards donations by sorting and packing them in proper receptacles in the donation center(s)
- Maintains a clean, organized area in and around the donation center(s)
- Exhibits a high level of customer service awareness, including being courteous and appreciative to all donors, providing donation receipts, and greeting donors promptly and cheerfully.
- Must be prompt in attendance, work the scheduled hours and opening and closing on time.
- Must graciously decline donations when appropriate.
- Assists with the completion of the daily donation summary sheets in an accurate and timely manner.
- Sorts and packs donations as assigned by the Director of Donations or supervisor(s).
- Communicates the daily activity of the donation center by calling in the donor count and hours worked.
- Attends all ADC meetings.
- Effectively communicates Goodwill's mission to donors.
- Experience working with the public required
- Ability to work with people in a professional manner
- Must be self-motivated to work independently toward agreed-upon goals
- Must be able to read and write in order to complete assigned paperwork
- Experience in working outdoors is preferred, but not required.
Looking for (1) Full-time and (1) part-time person for this location.