- Pommard, France
Every year, consumers and professionals from more than 80 countries around the world visit Château de Pommard to learn about the world of wine from Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) professionals and taste the purest expressions of Chardonnay and Pinot Noir from villages along the Route des Grands Crus. From the grape to the glass, guests experience Clos Marey-Monge, a geological marvel, and home to seven distinct clay and limestone rich plots, now protected as one of the world heritage Climats of Burgundy by UNESCO. Founded in 1726, Château de Pommard combines three hundred years of savoir-faire and the innovative vision of the Famille Carabello-Baum for the future. Wine lovers and critics agree the conversion to biodynamic viticulture is producing honest, energetic wines infused with an unmistakable sense of place while preserving the planet where we all live.
Working at Château de Pommard
At Château de Pommard, we give everyone the opportunity to create, progress, and lead with the absolute best in cutting edge tools, technology, training, and education. All in an amazing place surrounded by vines. We thrive in a responsible environment, where everyone is united by the ambition to share the beauty of Burgundy, to create the purest expression of the grape, the terroir, and the vintage and to preserve the planet. On our team, we each bring different viewpoints, cultures, backgrounds, and experiences, and we are united by our mission to work as one working by these principles.
- Smart: We possess the intellect needed to innovate and execute
- Spirited: We have boundless energy and passion for our work and life
- Confident: We bring a can-do attitude to get the job done
- Open-Minded: We are open to alternative approaches and types of people
- Fun: We enjoy sharing a bottle of wine with each other, anytime
We are looking for a gardener to join our landscaping team. Together with the rest of the team, you will be in charge of designing, planting and maintaining our parks, gardens, courtyards and interior green spaces. If you have a passion for permaculture thinking and natural gardening, you might be our next green thumb. This position reports to our landscaping manager. It is a great opportunity to join our adventure redeveloping a 300-year-old property into a contemporary in the heart of Burgundy.
- Ensure the health and productivity of our plants throughout the property through natural gardening and farming methodologies.
- Assist with the design and planting of our new spaces including greenhouses, vegetable gardens, orchards, interior courtyards, pathways and vertical interior gardens.
- Organize daily maintenance of green spaces: Remove weeds, mowing, pruning, watering, weeding, winter and summer flowers, cleaning and upkeep of indoor gardens and indoor plants.
- Ensure the adoption of natural principles to manage the condition of our trees and plants throughout the property.
- Be responsible for the best use of products and materials in compliance with best practices and internal requirements.
- Maintain, plant and harvest the fruits and vegetables present in our gardens for use in our on-site food services.
- Participate in the operational organization and coordination of events organized at the estate, imagining ways to highlight green spaces and our sustainable practices.
- Troubleshoot problems with and keep our gardening equipment in good condition.
- Be a source of proposals to optimize plant health, productivity, and cost management.
- CAP / BEP / Bac Pro horticultural productions or BTSA landscaping.
- 5+ years of experience maintaining green spaces, plantings, and harvests on an organic farm or estate.
- Sensitivity to horticultural production, organic market gardens, permaculture, and/or organic orchards.
- Organization skills, responsiveness, and ability to manage priorities.
- Attention to detail and excellent customer service.
- Professional English desired.
- CACES permit / B permit would be a plus.