ON-TRADE WINE SALES ASIA
- 7 Rue Meyerbeer, 75009 Paris, France
Made by Nature in France
Every year, consumers and professionals from more than 80 countries around the world visit Château de Pommard to learn about the world of wine from Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) professionals and taste the purest expressions of Chardonnay and Pinot Noir from villages along the Route des Grands Crus. From the grape to the glass, guests experience Clos Marey-Monge, a geological marvel, and home to seven distinct clay and limestone rich plots, now protected as one of the world heritage Climats of Burgundy by UNESCO. Founded in 1726, Château de Pommard combines three hundred years of savoir-faire and the innovative vision of the Famille Carabello-Baum for the future. Wine lovers and critics agree the conversion to biodynamic viticulture is producing honest, energetic wines infused with an unmistakable sense of place while preserving the planet where we all live.
Our rapidly growing wine business is seeking an experienced On-Trade Sales professional with a passion for Burgundy to join our Trade Sales Team and focus on Hong Kong/China and Taiwan. Your mission will be to develop a direct network of select on-trade customers, close sales and provide ongoing wine education across our product line.
You will be measured on your effectiveness in developing direct relationships and closing sales with target hotels and restaurants in select cities. This is an amazing opportunity for a trade sales professional to join a renowned Burgundy producer. This position requires Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) training of level three or higher.
In order to succeed in this position, you must have a highly developed knowledge of wine along with the sales ability to match. Your mission will be to combine these strengths with friendly, approachable communication and interpersonal skills to educate buyers about our unique viticulture andÂ winemaking philosophy and our portfolio of wines from Côte de Nuits and Côte de Beaune. You must have a natural ability to build trust with clients while creating opportunities for consistent follow-up business.
The ideal candidate will have the drive and passion for sales, but also share our belief in utilizing unrivaled customer education and service as the most effective way to build the business. And, of course, you must truly love Burgundy. This position can be based in Paris or Burgundy and reports to our CEO.
- Become educated and stay up-to-date on our portfolio and vintages
- Develop a target set of HORECA clients in key cities
- Thoughtfully educate Asian on-trade buyers and sommeliers about our viticulture and winemaking philosophy
- Create and manage a pipeline of on-trade opportunities
- Close opportunities to meet monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets
- Regular report results to the Trade Sales Manager and the CEO
- Represent Château de Pommard at our private and public events
- Represent Château de Pommard in the field with current and potential customers
- Manage a high level of quality customer service with direct Trade accounts
- Collaborate with our Marketing team on campaigns and brand initiatives
Candidates must have the following qualifications.
- University degree in Business or Wine
- Fluency in French and English
- Wine & Spirits Education Trust (WSET) Level 3+, or similar training.
- Demonstrated ability to develop a sales pipeline and meet sales targets
- Proficiency in Salesforce.com or other similar CRM systems
- Working knowledge of and passion for the Burgundy wine region
- Fantastic communication skills (both verbal and digital)
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and "get it done” mindset
- A true sales instinct and comfort with performance-driven compensation
We always look for these traits in new team members:
- Smart: possess the intellect needed to participate as part of our team
- Spirited: has boundless energy and passion for the position and life
- Confident: bring a can-do attitude and sense of assurance to get the job done
- Open Minded: are open to alternative approaches and types of people
- Fun: someone whom people want to share a bottle of wine with