ON-TRADE WINE SALES ASIA
- 7 Rue Meyerbeer, 75009 Paris, France
Founded in 1726 by Vivant Micault, secretary to King Louis XV, Château de Pommard remains one of the most iconic and visited wine estates in Burgundy. Clos Marey-Monge, at the heart of the domain, has been producing one of the greatest expressions of Pinot Noir for more than two millennia. The 20-hectare clay and limestone rich terroir make it the largest and most interesting monopole in the Côte d’Or. In July 2015, UNESCO declared the clos a world heritage protected Climat of Burgundy. The Carabello-Baum family of San Francisco purchased the domain in 2014 and became just the fifth family to guide the estate in almost 300 years. The family has transformed the estate into the ultimate wine education destination where anyone can experience the phenomenon that is Burgundy.
Château de Pommard is a place to fall in love with life.
Our rapidly growing wine business is seeking an experienced On-Trade Sales professional with a passion for Burgundy to join our Trade Sales Team and focus on Hong Kong/China and Taiwan. Your mission will be to develop a direct network of select on-trade customers, close sales and provide ongoing wine education across our product line.
You will be measured on your effectiveness in developing direct relationships and closing sales with target hotels and restaurants in select cities. This is an amazing opportunity for a trade sales professional to join a renowned Burgundy producer. This position requires Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) training of level three or higher.
In order to succeed in this position, you must have a highly developed knowledge of wine along with the sales ability to match. Your mission will be to combine these strengths with friendly, approachable communication and interpersonal skills to educate buyers about our unique viticulture andÂ winemaking philosophy and our portfolio of wines from Côte de Nuits and Côte de Beaune. You must have a natural ability to build trust with clients while creating opportunities for consistent follow-up business.
The ideal candidate will have the drive and passion for sales, but also share our belief in utilizing unrivaled customer education and service as the most effective way to build the business. And, of course, you must truly love Burgundy. This position can be based in Paris or Burgundy and reports to our CEO.
- Become educated and stay up-to-date on our portfolio and vintages
- Develop a target set of HORECA clients in key cities
- Thoughtfully educate Asian on-trade buyers and sommeliers about our viticulture and winemaking philosophy
- Create and manage a pipeline of on-trade opportunities
- Close opportunities to meet monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets
- Regular report results to the Trade Sales Manager and the CEO
- Represent Château de Pommard at our private and public events
- Represent Château de Pommard in the field with current and potential customers
- Manage a high level of quality customer service with direct Trade accounts
- Collaborate with our Marketing team on campaigns and brand initiatives
Candidates must have the following qualifications.
- University degree in Business or Wine
- Fluency in French and English
- Wine & Spirits Education Trust (WSET) Level 3+, or similar training.
- Demonstrated ability to develop a sales pipeline and meet sales targets
- Proficiency in Salesforce.com or other similar CRM systems
- Working knowledge of and passion for the Burgundy wine region
- Fantastic communication skills (both verbal and digital)
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and "get it done” mindset
- A true sales instinct and comfort with performance-driven compensation
We always look for these traits in new team members:
- Smart: possess the intellect needed to participate as part of our team
- Spirited: has boundless energy and passion for the position and life
- Confident: bring a can-do attitude and sense of assurance to get the job done
- Open Minded: are open to alternative approaches and types of people
- Fun: someone whom people want to share a bottle of wine with