PRIVATE CLIENT WINE ADVISOR UNITED KINGDOM
- 7 Rue Meyerbeer, 75009 Paris, France
Made by Nature in France.
Every year, consumers and professionals from more than 80 countries around the world visit Château de Pommard to learn about the world of wine from Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) professionals and taste the purest expressions of Chardonnay and Pinot Noir from villages along the Route des Grands Crus. From the grape to the glass, guests experience Clos Marey-Monge, a geological marvel, and home to seven distinct clay and limestone rich plots, now protected as one of the world heritage Climats of Burgundy by UNESCO. Founded in 1726, Château de Pommard combines three hundred years of savoir-faire and the innovative vision of the Famille Carabello-Baum for the future. The recent conversion to biodynamic viticulture is producing wines infused with an unmistakable sense of place while preserving the planet we live on. Wine lovers and critics agree the family’s cuvées are honest and energetic, displaying more intensity on the nose and extra vibration on the palate.
Our rapidly expanding wine business needs knowledgeable and ambitious wine advisor professionals to join our team. We work directly with our clients to share the beauty of Burgundy and we are looking for wine professionals to expand our direct sales team. If you have a passion for and experience selling fine wines direct to clients, then this position might be for you.
The ideal candidate will have a highly developed understanding of wine along with the sales ability to match. In this role you will build relationships and close directly with both new and repeat consumers via telephone, online and in person through our wine tasting experiences. You must have a natural ability to build trust with clients as their go-to source for wine education. If you have the drive and passion for sales but also share our belief in utilizing unrivaled customer education and service as the most effective way to build the business, let's talk. Of course, you must also truly love Burgundy.
Specifically, you will be expected to:
- Become educated and stay up-to-date on our portfolio and vintages
- Qualify new leads from onsite and online visitors
- Develop and manage a pipeline of new opportunities
- Close opportunities to meet monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets
- Organize and manage our quarterly wine experience events
- Represent Château de Pommard at our private and public events
- Collaborate with our Marketing and Business Development teams
Requirements for the position include the following:
- 3+ years of successful sales experience with fine wines
- Fluency in French and English
- Wine & Spirits Education Trust (WSET) Level 2+, Certified Sommelier, Certified Specialist of Wine (CSW) or equivalent training
- Demonstrated ability to develop a sales pipeline and meet sales targets
- Proficiency in Salesforce.com or other similar CRM system
- Working knowledge of and passion for the Burgundy wine region
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and "get it done” mindset
- A true sales instinct and comfort with performance driven compensation
We always look for these traits in new team members:
Smart: possess the intellect needed to participate as part of our team
Spirited: has boundless energy and passion for the position and life
Confident: bring a can-do attitude and sense of assurance to get the job done
Open Minded: are open to alternative approaches and types of people
Fun: someone whom people want to share a bottle of wine with