PRIVATE CLIENT WINE ADVISOR UNITED STATES
- 7 Rue Meyerbeer, 75009 Paris, France
Founded in 1726 by Vivant Micault, secretary to King Louis XV, Château de Pommard remains one of the most iconic and visited wine estates in Burgundy. Clos Marey-Monge, at the heart of the domain, has been producing one of the greatest expressions of Pinot Noir for more than two millennia. The 20-hectare clay and limestone rich terroir make it the largest and most interesting monopole in the Côte d’Or. In July 2015, UNESCO declared the clos a world heritage protected Climat of Burgundy. The Carabello-Baum family of San Francisco purchased the domain in 2014 and became just the fifth family to guide the estate in almost 300 years. The family has transformed the estate into the ultimate wine education destination where anyone can experience the phenomenon that is Burgundy.
Château de Pommard is a place to fall in love with life.
Our rapidly expanding wine business needs knowledgeable and ambitious wine advisor professionals to join our team. We work directly with our clients to share the beauty of Burgundy and we are looking for wine professionals to expand our direct sales team. If you have a passion for and experience selling fine wines direct to clients, then this position might be for you.
The ideal candidate will have a highly developed understanding of wine along with the sales ability to match. In this role, you will build relationships and close directly with both new and repeat consumers via telephone, online and in person through our wine tasting experiences. You must have a natural ability to build trust with clients as their go-to source for wine education. If you have the drive and passion for sales but also share our belief in utilizing unrivaled customer education and service as the most effective way to build the business, let's talk. Of course, you must also truly love Burgundy.
Specifically, you will be expected to:
- Become educated and stay up-to-date on our portfolio and vintages
- Qualify new leads from onsite and online visitors
- Develop and manage a pipeline of new opportunities
- Close opportunities to meet monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets
- Organize and manage our quarterly wine experience events
- Represent Château de Pommard at our private and public events
- Collaborate with our Marketing and Business Development teams
Candidates must have the following qualifications.
- University degree in Business or Wine
- Fluency in French and English
- 3+ years of successful sales experience with fine wines
- Wine & Spirits Education Trust (WSET) Level 2+, Certified Sommelier, Certified Specialist of Wine (CSW) or equivalent training
- Demonstrated ability to develop a sales pipeline and meet sales targets
- Proficiency in Salesforce.com or other similar CRM systems
- Working knowledge of and passion for the Burgundy wine region
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and "get it done” mindset
- A true sales instinct and comfort with performance-driven compensation
We always look for these traits in new team members:
- Smart: possess the intellect needed to participate as part of our team
- Spirited: has boundless energy and passion for the position and life
- Confident: bring a can-do attitude and sense of assurance to get the job done
- Open Minded: are open to alternative approaches and types of people
- Fun: someone whom people want to share a bottle of wine with