GUEST RELATIONS CONCIERGE
- 15 Rue Marey Monge, 21630 Pommard, France
Founded in 1726 by Vivant Micault, secretary to King Louis XV, Château de Pommard remains one of the most iconic and visited wine estates in Burgundy. Clos Marey-Monge, at the heart of the domain, has been producing one of the greatest expressions of Pinot Noir for more than two millennia. The 20-hectare clay and limestone rich terroir make it the largest and most interesting monopole in the Côte d’Or. In July 2015, UNESCO declared the clos a world heritage protected Climat of Burgundy. The Carabello-Baum family of San Francisco purchased the domain in 2014 and became just the fifth family to guide the estate in almost 300 years. The family has transformed the estate into the ultimate wine education destination where anyone can experience the phenomenon that is Burgundy.
Château de Pommard is a place to fall in love with life.
As the first point of contact with our clients, your main mission is to handle all stages of our guest's experience. You will be responsible for welcoming our guests and providing them with exceptional customer service while representing the face of Burgundy and Château de Pommard.
Specifically, you will be responsible for :
- Welcoming and serving guests in person and over the phone every day
- Booking experiences for guests and collecting all necessary information (contact details)
- Managing online and telephone reservations, providing experience overviews and answering questions
- Settling the cash register, including compliance with the procedures for opening and closing the day, week, month and year
- Being the best source of information and service in Burgundy to visitors in the region
To be considered for this position, candidates must have the following qualifications.
- A University level degree in hotel management, hospitality, guest relations or equivalent
- Fluent in spoken and written French and English, other languages a plus
- Two to three years experiences as a Front Desk Agent, Receptionist, Concierge or similar role
- Experience with reservations system and customer relationship management software
- A service-oriented outlook with a desire to help people fall in love with life
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
We always look for these traits in new team members:
- Smart: possess the intellect needed to participate as part of our team
- Spirited: has boundless energy and passion for the position and life
- Confident: bring a can-do attitude and sense of assurance to get the job done
- Open Minded: are open to alternative approaches and types of people
- Fun: someone whom people want to share a bottle of wine with