- 15 Rue Marey Monge, 21630 Pommard, France
Founded in 1726 by Vivant Micault, secretary to King Louis XV, Château de Pommard remains one of the most iconic and visited wine estates in Burgundy. Clos Marey-Monge, at the heart of the domain, has been producing one of the greatest expressions of Pinot Noir for more than two millennia. The 20-hectare clay and limestone rich terroir make it the largest and most interesting monopole in the Côte d’Or. In July 2015, UNESCO declared the clos a world heritage protected Climat of Burgundy. The Carabello-Baum family of San Francisco purchased the domain in 2014 and became just the fifth family to guide the estate in almost 300 years. The family has transformed the estate into the ultimate wine education destination where anyone can experience the phenomenon that is Burgundy.
Château de Pommard is a place to fall in love with life.
Château de Pommard is a 20 hectare UNESCO protected heritage site in the heart of Burgundy's Cote d'Or. Our property is undergoing a complete renovation including the grounds, forest and, gardens of two historic château. We are looking for a talented Landscaping Manager to join our team and lead a team of gardeners to bring the property back to life. You will be responsible for implementing a new landscape design plan and maintaining the beauty of our landscaping. Your expertise with a variety of large trees, shrubs, foundation plants, design, and flowering specimens will be critical to the development of an exceptional landscape and garden environment for our clients. Your mission will be to recruit, train, supervise and control the work of the landscaping team on a daily, weekly and seasonal basis. This is an outstanding opportunity to join us in our adventure to redevelop a 300-year-old domain into a modern luxury retreat. If you like to operate in a fun and dynamic environment and love the beauty of nature, this position might be for you.
- Collaborate with the head Landscape Designer and Propiétaire to execute the redesign and recultivation of the Château Micault and Château Marey-Monge grounds, forest, and gardens.
- Together with the Landscape Designer source various plant specimens.
- Become educated on biodynamics and ensure compliance in our landscape and gardens.
- Recruit, train and manage a landscaping and gardener team.
- Manage the installation of new plant material from nurseries across Europe.
- Develop daily, weekly, monthly and annual care and maintenance schedules for each element of the landscape plan.
- Monitor the health and state of plant specimens and proactively identify solutions to pests, diseases and other problems.
- Organize the daily maintenance of green spaces: Shearing, cutting, watering, weeding, pruning, flowers change in winter and summer.
- Manage the automatic watering system.
- Be responsible for ordering and inventory management of products and equipment needed for landscape and garden maintenance.
- Manage the budget for landscaping projects and maintenance.
- Provide regular reports on the health of our green spaces and objectives for continuous improvement.
- Bac pro or BTS or equivalent in garden maintenance and landscaping
- Fluency in French and English languages
- Demonstrated experience managing a similar landscape environment and gardens in luxury hotels, private gardens or national parks
- An approach to work that is organized, reactive and focused on priorities
- Extreme attention to detail
- Caces licenses and ability to operate landscape machines including forklifts, backhoes, mini shovels etc.
We always look for these traits in new team members:
- Smart: possess the intellect needed to participate as part of our team
- Spirited: has boundless energy and passion for the position and life
- Confident: bring a can-do attitude and sense of assurance to get the job done
- Open Minded: are open to alternative approaches and types of people
- Fun: someone whom people want to share a bottle of wine with