Java Backend Developer
- Mountain View, CA
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Server Engineer
• 100% hands-on coder.
• Resolve defects/bugs during QA testing, pre-production, production, and post-release patches.
• Write technical documentation.
• Provide critical review of proposed requirements and recommend course of action to management.
• Build robust, highly available, secure and scalable solutions and services with high quality.
• Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
• 5 - 8 years of software development experience leading design and implementation of functional components.
• Ability to solve complex problems in a fast paced and dynamic environment with focus on maintaining high quality and standards.
• Ability to develop and troubleshoot large scale distributed systems
• Expertise with unit testing & Test Driven Development
• Experience working in Linux or other Unix like OS
• Experience debugging distributed architectures/stack
• Solid understanding of object-oriented analysis and design, concurrency, multithreading, synchronization.
• Strong educational background with BS / MS in Computer Science or related area.
• Java/C++, Apache, MongoDB/Cassandra/HBase and related open source technologies
• RESTful Web-services.
• SOA, RDBMS, and UML
• Security, Performance and Scalability
• Agile methodologies like scrum
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.