- Type de contrat: Temps complet
Chantier Davie Canada Inc. is Canada’s largest shipbuilding and repair yard. Based on values such as success, dynamic, accountability and relationship.
You have a taste for adventure and want to start an exceptional career in an environment where you will have the opportunity to grow.
Come support the nation with us. We build and repair Canadian ships for the Department of National Defence, Transport Canada and the Canadian Coast Guard.
In fulfilling their duties, the Financial Controller is responsible for the project’s finances in terms of accounting, cost control, budgeting and forecasting according to the company’s procedures and corporate policies. They must support the Project Manager in all financial aspects of the project. Precisely, you will :
- Provide financial reports pertaining to the assigned project, including weekly reports, budget development, monthly forecasts and end of month revisions as compared to budget.
- Develop and maintain information reports on management such as progress billing, direct cost to contract analysis, cash flow, currency impact analysis, and critical supplier list.
- Work closely with the Project Manager to ensure that the latter is aware of the project’s progress.
- Develop performance indicators (cost analysis).
- Complete a comprehensive budget analysis compared to actual project costs.
- Make sure that internal control systems exist and that they are implemented during various stages of the project, according to the company’s standards.
- Maintain a control list and record of key controls for the annual audit.
- Ensure the shipyard’s change orders are documented and approved appropriately.
- Assist in the preparation, review and approval of contract changes.
- Determine cost reduction strategies.
- Provide overall support to other departments, such as Procurement and Operations.
- Ensure compliance with laws and all specific local requirements.
- Perform any other tasks relating to this position.
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting or any other relevant field.
- Have one of the following designations: CPA, CA, CMA or CGA, would be considered an asset.
- Minimum of five years relevant experience in a similar position.
- Experience in the manufacturing field would be considered an asset.
- Advanced level of English.
- Capable of working alone or as part of a team as well as resolving conflicts.
- Excellent Excel skills.
- Good practical knowledge of financial systems and project management techniques (planning, budget control, etc.).
- Must submit to and successfully complete the investigation and security clearance process required under the federal government’s Contract Security Program.