Tool & Equipment Rental Coordinator
We are Chandos
Inclusion. Collaboration. Ingenuity. Innovation.
These values speak to our desire to create places where all people belong, listening and learning from one another in a way that sparks ideas and leads to positive changes in our industry and community. They also demonstrate our commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture. And, if they resonate with you too, we should talk!
We are 100 percent employee owned and proud to be the first and largest B Corp certified commercial builder in North America, meaning we put our values at the centre of everything we do.
Continuous improvement is core to our success. Championing innovative and collaborative ways to build is just one example of that. Collaborative construction leads to more efficiency, cost savings, social value, and a much better working experience for everyone.
Every day, our teams are working to build places for people to live, work, learn, serve, and play. But above all, we’re building community. And, we’re looking for like-minded people to join us. Together, we can build a better world.
The Tools and Equipment Rental Coordinator is responsible to assist the Tool and Equipment Manager in organizing, tracking and distributing tools and equipment to Chandos construction sites.
- Perform all functions related to shipping and receiving of tools and materials to and from job sites.
- Receive and coordinate rental and sales contracts electronically.
- Co-ordinator the repairs, rental, deliveries, pick ups and maintenance of tools
- Perform minor tool repairs as necessary.
- Assist in the maintenance and repair of tools and equipment.
- Ensure the maintenance of accurate records for the receipt, rental and transfer of goods/tools.
- Be responsible for proper completion of all vehicle inspection reports.
- Interact with customers by telephone, email or in person in a prompt, courteous, business-like manner.
- Work with warehouse staff, superintendents and project managers to reconcile discrepancies in project inventory.
- Experience in tool rental is considered an Important asset.
- Knowledge of maintenance schedules, rental contracts, various manufacturers and their guidelines.
- Two or more years of experience in tool/shop work.
- Two or more years of experience in the construction industry.
- Broad technical understanding of tools and materials.
- Must be able to work alone, as the shop is in a different location from the main office.
- Will work both indoors and outdoors in inclement weather at times.
Chandos is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture and this includes our recruitment and hiring process.
We recognize that our differences are our greatest strengths. We uncover talent. We nurture talent. And then we give people the tools they need to use their talent to create a positive impact.
- We are 100% employee owned. Every person who works for Chandos can become an owner. There is only one class of units at Chandos, because we believe everyone should be treated equal. We talk about being an entrepreneurial-minded organization and you can be sure we mean it!
- Competitive wages
- Well rounded employer paid benefits program including health, dental, vision care and employee assistance program
- RRSP matching program to aid and prepare employees for long-term financial security
- Educational assistance for employees who wish to pursue job-performance enhancing education
- Recognition and annual salary reviews program
- Leadership conferences that allow employees to connect and collaborate
- Regular company-wide engagement opportunities