We are Chandos
Inclusion. Collaboration. Ingenuity. Innovation.
These values speak to our desire to create places where all people belong, listening and learning from one another in a way that sparks ideas and leads to positive changes in our industry and community. They also demonstrate our commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture. And, if they resonate with you too, we should talk!
We are 100 percent employee owned and proud to be the first and largest B Corp certified commercial builder in North America, meaning we put our values at the centre of everything we do.
Continuous improvement is core to our success. Championing innovative and collaborative ways to build is just one example of that. Collaborative construction leads to more efficiency, cost savings, social value, and a much better working experience for everyone.
Every day, our teams are working to build places for people to live, work, learn, serve, and play. But above all, we’re building community. And, we’re looking for like-minded people to join us. Together, we can build a better world.
- Out-of-town and in-town work required.
- Continuously monitor project budget and forecasting to the individual phase code level and cost type for potential gains and losses
- Provide leadership and direction for all project activities and tasks, ensuring project outcomes are delivered successfully and in compliance with all contracts and client needs
- Ensure clear communication of project-specific roles and responsibilities for all site personnel. Provide regular and respectful feedback for all under your direction
- Monitor company equipment and supplies to ensure the needed equipment is where it’s required.
- Inspect tools and equipment and notify the Tools and Equipment Manager for service and repair as needed
- Civil and Commercial Experience
- Self-perform Concrete Capability
- Red Seal Certification
- Technical diploma and/or Gold Seal certification are considered assets
- Five or more years experience in commercial construction for a large general contractor
- One or more years experience as a superintendent for a large general contractor
Chandos is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture and this includes our recruitment and hiring process.
We recognize that our differences are our greatest strengths. We uncover talent. We nurture talent. And then we give people the tools they need to use their talent to create a positive impact.
- We are 100% employee owned. Every person who works for Chandos can become an owner. There is only one class of units at Chandos, because we believe everyone should be treated equal. We talk about being an entrepreneurial-minded organization and you can be sure we mean it!
- Competitive wages
- Well rounded employer paid benefits program including health, dental, vision care and employee assistance program
- RRSP matching program to aid and prepare employees for long-term financial security
- Educational assistance for employees who wish to pursue job-performance enhancing education
- Recognition and annual salary reviews program
- Leadership conferences that allow employees to connect and collaborate
- Regular company-wide engagement opportunities