We are Chandos
Inclusion, collaboration, innovation and courage.
These values speak to our desire to create places where all people belong, listening and learning from one another in a way that sparks ideas and leads to positive changes in our industry and community. They also demonstrate our commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture. And, if they resonate with you too, we should talk!
We are 100 percent employee owned and proud to be the first and largest B Corp certified national technical builder in North America, meaning we put our values at the centre of everything we do.
Continuous improvement is core to our success. Championing innovative and collaborative ways to build is just one example of that. Collaborative construction leads to more efficiency, cost savings, social value, and a much better working experience for everyone.
Every day, our teams are working to build places for people to live, work, learn, serve, and play. But above all, we’re building community. And, we’re looking for like-minded people to join us. Together, we can build a better world.
The Senior Estimator is responsible for the accurate, timely preparation of full-cost estimates for projects to achieve an acceptable margin while providing the best opportunity to secure the business.
- Prepare and / or co-ordinate the preparation of full-cost estimates on Conceptual, Design-Build / Construction Management / IPD / Lump Sum or general tender work
- Obtain current pricing from subcontractors, suppliers and complete take-offs.
- Recommend/reject proposals and negotiate contracts
- Track estimated costs versus actual costs on awarded projects
- Manage take-offs, purchasing, material control and drawing interpretation and specifications to ensure projects are completed safely, on time and within budget
- Evaluate and recommend allowances for indirect costs, design unknowns, escalation and contingency
- Generate competitive bids for clients based on tendered pricing received and anticipated timelines
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in construction/engineering or an appropriate field
- Ten or more years of experience in commercial construction estimating
- Able to read and interpret building specifications, blueprints and as-builds
- Mathematical and analytical skills necessary to develop material and labour estimates
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Bluebeam
Chandos is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture and this includes our recruitment and hiring process.
We recognize that our differences are our greatest strengths. We uncover talent. We nurture talent. And then we give people the tools they need to use their talent to create a positive impact.
- We are 100% employee owned. Every person who works for Chandos can become an owner. There is only one class of units at Chandos, because we believe everyone should be treated equal. We talk about being an entrepreneurial-minded organization and you can be sure we mean it!
- Competitive wages
- Well rounded employer paid benefits program including health, dental, vision care and employee assistance program
- RRSP matching program to aid and prepare employees for long-term financial security
- Educational assistance for employees who wish to pursue job-performance enhancing education
- Recognition and annual salary reviews program
- Leadership conferences that allow employees to connect and collaborate
- Regular company-wide engagement opportunities
Chandos only accepts applications through our portal from individuals. All resumes and applications submitted by an agency or consulting firm will be disqualified from our recruitment process.