Project Manager (Special Services)
- Toronto, ON, Canada
We are Chandos.
Inclusion. Collaboration. Ingenuity. Innovation.
These values speak to our desire to create places where all people belong, listening and learning from one another in a way that sparks ideas and leads to positive changes in our industry and community. They also demonstrate our commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture. And, if they resonate with you too, we should talk!
We are 100 percent employee owned and proud to be the first and largest B Corp certified commercial builder in North America, meaning we put our values at the centre of everything we do.
Continuous improvement is core to our success. Championing innovative and collaborative ways to build is just one example of that. Collaborative construction leads to more efficiency, cost savings, social value, and a much better working experience for everyone.
Every day, our teams are working to build places for people to live, work, learn, serve, and play. But above all, we’re building community. And, we’re looking for like-minded people to join us. Together, we can build a better world.
- Set up and manage/maintain project activities throughout the life cycle of the project
- Maintain accountability for the project budget, costs, timelines and complete accurate monthly forecasts;
- Act as primary liaison with clients, designers, site superintendents, subtrades and other project stakeholders
- Organize project teams into suitable workgroups and guide the teams through their efforts to produce deliverables according to specification
- You have 5 or more years of direct work experience in a project role for a mid-size to large general contractor
- You possess a post-secondary degree/diploma in engineering or construction management or related discipline (equivalent of education and experience may be considered)
- You have proven leadership experience and the ability to motivate project teams with your hands-on approach from beginning to end
- Are flexible in your ability to travel to sites on occasion
We recognize that our differences are our greatest strengths. We uncover talent. We nurture talent. And then we give people the tools they need to use their talent to create a positive impact.
- We are 100% employee owned. Every person who works for Chandos can become an owner. There is only one class of units at Chandos, because we believe everyone should be treated equal. We talk about being an entrepreneurial-minded organization and you can be sure we mean it!
- Competitive wages
- Well rounded employer paid benefits program including health, dental, vision care and employee assistance program
- RRSP matching program to aid and prepare employees for long-term financial security
- Educational assistance for employees who wish to pursue job-performance enhancing education
- Recognition and annual salary reviews program
- Leadership conferences that allow employees to connect and collaborate
- Regular company-wide engagement opportunities
We do not accept unsolicited resumes or phone calls from agencies. Thank you.