- Vancouver, BC, Canada
We are Chandos
Inclusion. Collaboration. Ingenuity. Innovation.
These values speak to our desire to create places where all people belong, listening and learning from one another in a way that sparks ideas and leads to positive changes in our industry and community. They also demonstrate our commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture. And, if they resonate with you too, we should talk!
We are 100 percent employee owned and proud to be the first and largest B Corp certified commercial builder in North America, meaning we put our values at the centre of everything we do.
Continuous improvement is core to our success. Championing innovative and collaborative ways to build is just one example of that. Collaborative construction leads to more efficiency, cost savings, social value, and a much better working experience for everyone.
Every day, our teams are working to build places for people to live, work, learn, serve, and play. But above all, we’re building community. And, we’re looking for like-minded people to join us. Together, we can build a better world.
The Project Coordinator is responsible to organize, administer and control project activities, under the direction and supervision of a Project Manager. The Project Coordinator will support and collaborate with the Project Manager and Superintendent in overseeing and managing their assigned projects.
- Responsible for coordination of project documentation, which includes, but not limited to: meeting minutes, Change Orders/Site Instructions, Owner's Instructions, Shop Drawings and Drawing Log, draft Progress Claims, field notices and sustainability requirements including LEED, Waste Management, Erosion and Sediment Control and Materials Testing.
- Set up and maintain project reporting procedures: cost reports, project status reports, document drawing control, shop drawing document control.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date logs (RFI, Vendor/Subcontractor, Purchase, Owner etc.), track responses and advise stakeholders.
- Assist in the management of trade contractor site meetings, RFIs, invoices and control document process.
- Manage all project administration activities including payroll, timekeeping, labour coding, equipment coding, purchase- order coding, and safety reporting.
- Review construction plans for compliance with all applicable codes, regulations and ordinances such as plumbing, mechanical, electrical, and structural.
- Technical diploma in an appropriate construction-related field (CET), or equivalent construction experience.
- One or more years of experience as a Project Coordinator
- Able to read blueprints, schematics, field drawings and plans
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and Adobe or Bluebeam Revu.
- A solid understanding of all construction trades, safety and construction techniques.
- Knowledge of local, provincial and federal workplace compliance regulations, ordinances and legislation.
Chandos is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture and this includes our recruitment and hiring process. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes, and work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
We recognize that our differences are our greatest strengths. We uncover talent. We nurture talent. And then we give people the tools they need to use their talent to create a positive impact.
- We are 100% employee owned. Every person who works for Chandos can become an owner. There is only one class of units at Chandos, because we believe everyone should be treated equal. We talk about being an entrepreneurial-minded organization and you can be sure we mean it!
- Competitive wages
- Well rounded employer paid benefits program including health, dental, vision care and employee assistance program
- RRSP matching program to aid and prepare employees for long-term financial security
- Educational assistance for employees who wish to pursue job-performance enhancing education
- Recognition and annual salary reviews program
- Leadership conferences that allow employees to connect and collaborate
- Regular company-wide engagement opportunities
We do not accept unsolicited emails or phone inquiries from agencies. Thank you!