Full Time Physical Therapist (RPT/DPT) in Fayette - Acute, Outpatient, SNF (02122018 - P)
- 1653 Temple Ave N, Fayette, AL 35555, USA
Champion, Partners in Rehab
Provides Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, and Speech Therapy throughout Alabama.
Therapist owned and operated!
Full Time Employee Benefits Summary:
Individualized Benefits Packet (Contact Champion for Details)
Company Paid Insurance
Medical, Dental, Short-term Disability, & Life Insurance
Continuing Education Reimbursement Program
Annual Professional Per Diem Pay
Generous Paid Time Off
401K Retirement with Company Contribution
Voluntary Life Insurance Options
Voluntary Long-Term Disability Options
Change Your Life…Become a CHAMPION
The Staff Physical Therapist shall be responsible for providing quality physical therapy services and assisting in departmental operation.
1. Evaluates patients referred to Physical Therapy to determine their current physical and functional status; and, assesses their potential benefit from physical therapy services.
2. Plans and conducts a therapy program for patients referred to Physical Therapy. The program could include the use of exercise, massage, thermal agents, water, light, and/or electricity.
3. Applies diagnostic and prognostic muscle, nerve, joint, and functional ability tests. Directs and aids patients in active and passive exercises, muscle re-education, and gait and functional training. Utilizes exercise equipment such as pulleys and weights, steps, uneven, and inclined surfaces.
4. Makes use of equipment such as muscle and nerve stimulators, ultrasound machines, and other therapeutic electrical machines.
5. Gives whirlpool and contrast baths and applies moist heat and cold packs.
6. Directs patients in the care and use of wheelchairs, braces, canes, crutches, walkers, and prosthetic and orthopedic devices.
7. Gives instruction in posture control and therapeutic procedures to be continued by the patient.
8. Adapts conventional physical therapy techniques to meet the needs of patients unable to comprehend verbal commands or voluntarily carry out a regime of therapeutic exercises.
9. Observes, records, and reports patient's condition, reactions and responses.
10. Directs and supervises activities personnel. Conducts and participates in training of Physical Therapy Technicians and Physical Therapy Assistants in physical therapy techniques and objectives.
11. Provides a safe, clean Physical Therapy Department.
12. Performs related duties as assigned.
Locations: Fayette Medical Center - all settings are conveniently located on the same campus
Education: A minimum level of B.S. degree in Physical Therapy from an accredited institution offering training in this specialty.
Experience: When educational requirements are met, no previous experience is necessary, but would be desirable.
Registered: Must be licensed by the Alabama Board of Physical Therapy.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.