Business Operations Coordinator
- Albert St, Brunswick VIC 3056, Australia
Who we are?
At Cesar Australia, we believe in practical science and sustainable solutions. We conduct scientific research and extension across agriculture, conservation and biosecurity, working on a range of native and invasive land and aquatic animals and plants. Multi-year projects are the norm, but we also offer customised services such as training workshops, outreach talks, laboratory-based services and genetic strategies for threatened species. Making sure our research is innovative, can be applied in the real-world, and is delivered and accessible to the user is paramount.
What will you be doing?
You will perform the role of Business Operations Coordinator, providing high-level, proactive, and confidential administrative support and assistance to the Leadership Team. You will also become an integral support across the wider business by juggling multiple tasks in Administration, Finance, HR, Event and Facility Management at a time. In this role you will:
- Coordinate Recruitment, HR Administration, Onboarding and Induction.
- Implement appropriate company policies and procedures.
- Manage financial administrative functions in accounts receivables and accounts payables.
- Organise Cesar Australia social events (including occasional events after standard business hours).
- Provide administrative assistance in marketing activities such as updating our website, blog, newsletter, etc.
- Manage the office from stock management to answering phones and greeting guests in a friendly, helpful manner as the face of Cesar Australia.
- Assist leadership team and senior staff with administrative and operational requirements as requested.
What would make you a good candidate?
- You are approachable, easy to talk with and hospitable just like a favourite neighbour.
- You are creative, able to take a request one step further, “think outside of the box” and execute consistent results.
- You see no task as “too small” or “beneath” you - you just roll up your sleeves and get the job done.
- You are motivated by a fast-paced environment where you will have to constantly adapt with a can-do attitude - no two days are the same, seriously!
- Importantly, you enjoy working for a company who is passionate about applied science and making an impact on the environment.
- Our core values resonate with you: Scientific excellence; Bring grit; Love it, own it; Trust yourself and each other; Do good for the environment.
What it means to work for us
You get to be a part of supporting the agriculture sector and have a chance to make a real impact every single day you come to work. Some of the other perks of working with us:
- A collaborative, flat-structured team environment with people who truly love what they do.
- Opportunity to work with a purpose-driven business – we are committed to making a positive impact in the world currently from our office in leafy Parkville, but soon from buzzing Brunswick.
- Regular social activities and celebrations.
- Individual, yearly learning & development budget.
- Flexible work arrangements, including remote working.
Paul J. Meyer once penned, “Productivity is never an accident. It is always the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, and focused effort.” If you are that dedicated self-starter, take the leap and apply with us.
To start your application with us, please submit your CV and a cover letter (yep, we do read them) including why you’d like to work at Cesar, and we will be in touch as soon as we can. Please include the word "#theartofadmin" at the top of your cover letter so that we know you really took the time to read our job ad.