IT Support Technician
- Wakefield, MA 01880, USA
At Certica, we are revolutionizing the way the education sector uses software and digital content. Our state-of-the-art education platform-as-a-service (PaaS), called Certica Connect™, provides an ecosystem for our K-12 partners to engage with a range of technologies in data and analytics, educational content management, and content tagging, search and discovery using machine-learning algorithms. We are passionate about building solutions that bring value to educators, enabling them to make better data-driven decisions, and to leverage learning assets for purposes such as personalized learning for students. Certica is a growing, fast-moving organization with a smart and dedicated team, looking for like-minded individuals to come aboard. www.CerticaSolutions.com
As we continue to grow at an elevated pace, our need for IT support on end-user systems, servers, VoIP and applications is also growing. The ideal candidate will be able to step in and help ensure continuity of computer system and VoIP services for end-users by providing the technical expertise to resolve hardware and software issues. The position supports employees in four physical office locations as well as individuals who work remotely from home offices. As well as providing first level IT support to end-users and deploying and support user workstations and devices, the IT Support Technician will have also assist in project-based work. For the right individual, this participation in project-based work will lead to professional development and career advancement opportunities within Certica.
This is an exciting full-time position with a market leading company that is rapidly expanding its products and operations. We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits and a flexible work environment. This position will be located in either our Wakefield, MA or Harvard, MA offices.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provides first level IT support to end users; diagnoses and resolves technical hardware and software issues; maintains help desk ticketing system, monitors ticket queue and responds to requests; escalates issues to the system administrator where required;
- Performs Active Directory and Office 365 user management, including user creation, password resets, etc;
- Configures and deploys new user workstations and software;
- Assists in the support and maintenance of the anti-virus server and the investigation of threats, as required;
- Maintains asset inventory database;
- Creates documentation to assist end-users;
- Assists system administrator with projects, as required; and
- Works outside of normal business hours as required and participates in off hours on-call rotation.
- 2+ years of experience working in an IT support or help desk environment role;
- Experience with Windows 7, 8, and 10;
- Experience with workstation imaging, setup, and deployment;
- Application experience with Office 365 and Office suite;
- Administration Experience with Active Directory and Office 365, specifically user management;
- Experience with help desk ticketing systems;
- Ability to perform effectively as part of a small team in a rapidly growing, dynamic company;
- Experience supporting users remotely over the phone and using screen sharing support software;
- Strong customer service skills;
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills; and
- Associates degree or above is preferred.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Compensation will be commensurate with experience
- Excellent benefits package