EdTech Product Marketing Manager
- Wakefield, MA 01880, USA
Certica is the innovator of the Certica Connect™ platform-as-a-service which provides application interoperability and centralized integration, access and enrichment of education data, metadata and content. The company partners with a diverse network of K-12 application and system vendors, as well as publishers, and learning content and assessment providers. Certica also delivers solutions directly to more than 600 school districts and numerous charter school organizations, state education agencies and educational service agencies. Certica is based in Wakefield, Mass.; with offices in Harvard, Mass.; Cincinnati, Ohio; and Austin, Texas. www.CerticaSolutions.com
At Certica, we are revolutionizing the way the education sector uses software and digital content. Our state-of-the-art education platform-as-a-service (PaaS), called Certica Connect™, provides an ecosystem for our K-12 partners to engage with a range of technologies in data and analytics, educational content management, and content tagging, search and discovery using machine-learning algorithms. We are passionate about building solutions that bring value to educators, enabling them to make better data-driven decisions, and to leverage learning assets for purposes such as personalized learning for students. Certica is a growing, fast-moving organization with a smart and dedicated team, looking for like-minded individuals to come aboard.
We are seeking an experienced Product Marketing Manager to join our marketing team. The Product Marketing Manager will work closely with our product management and sales teams to create impactful sales tools, high-value messaging and competitive positioning. The Product Marketing Manager will take a lead role in shaping the company’s go-to-market strategies and contributing to our product roadmaps. This role is responsible for translating technical content and product features/functionality into customer-facing messaging; creation of outbound promotional and thought-leadership content; company-wide communication of the product roadmap; and articulation of the optimal sales process. This role will address a diverse set of buyers and use cases, and include new buyers, existing customers and business partners.
This is an ideal role for a marketing professional with experience in the K-12 education sector who has worked closely with both product and sales teams. The individual should be a driven self-starter; able to set and manage priorities; able to juggle multiple initiatives simultaneously; confident in making decisions and recommendations; and able to see and seize opportunities which will lead to company growth and success. The ideal Product Marketing Manager will have direct-to-district K-12 experience, but could also have experience marketing to education vendors and non-profits. For the right individual, this role has a path to advancement opportunities within Certica.
This is an exciting full-time position with a market-leading company that is rapidly expanding its products and operations. We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits and a flexible work environment. This position is based in our Wakefield, MA office.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develop sales tools, including presentations, product briefs, videos, infographics and proposal content;
- Set product- and use case-specific communications strategy for social media, marketing campaigns and partner marketing;
- Own all internal and external communications associated with product releases and product roadmap;
- Translate technical content, including product features/functionality into concise, actionable, differentiated, value-based sales messaging;
- In collaboration with product managers, train sales executives and customer success managers on use cases, value proposition, product features, and competitive differentiators;
- Take a lead role in the development of product content for large-scale proposals and RFP responses;
- Define target markets, use cases and buyer journeys;
- In collaboration with product management and sales, lead pricing and packaging decision-making;
- Continually research marketplace to understand trends, competitive dynamics and market opportunities;
- Travel to conferences and customer meetings, expected 8-10 times per year.
- 5+ years of marketing experience in SaaS or software product company(ies);
- Experience in education technology a strong plus;
- Excellent writing and editing skills as well as exceptional communication skills overall;
- Strong and confident presentation and customer-facing skills;
- Ability to think strategically and creatively, and solve problems independently;
- Great team player and collaborator;
- Strong skills with MS Office products including Word, PowerPoint and Excel;
- Experience with HubSpot is a strong plus;
- Experience with Salesforce.com is a strong plus;
- Experience with graphics and publishing tools, such as InDesign, is a strong plus;
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Business or Journalism.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Compensation will be commensurate with experience
- Excellent benefits package