Database Engineer (Junior, Senior, Principal, & Senior Principal Position)
- Jakarta, Indonesia
Cermati is a financial technology (fintech) startup based in Indonesia. Cermati simplifies the process of finding and applying for financial product by bringing everything online so people can shop around for financial products online and can apply online without having to physically visit a bank.
Our team hailed from Silicon Valley Tech companies such as Google, Microsoft, LinkedIn and Sofi as well as Indonesian startups such as Doku, Touchten. We have graduates from well known universities such as Universitas Indonesia, ITB, Stanford, University of Washington, Cornell and many others. We are building a company with the same culture of openness, transparency, drive and meritocracy as Silicon Valley companies. Join us in our cause to build a world class fintech company in Indonesia.
- Become the in-house expert for database related stuff
- Maintain cermati database system i.e. figure out if there's slow queries and how to optimize them, monitor hardware performance and provide suggestion on how to scale up and improve performance, advise software engineers on how to create better DB queries
- Provision databases in the cloud and install monitoring/alerting system for the DB
- Help the analytics team to improve the data ETL process and speed.
- At least 2 years experience in doing database administration related to postgreSQL preferably in a tech startup, tech company
- Understand how to do performance monitoring in the cloud by using common monitoring services/plugin or use a vendor to monitor databases
- Able to suggest good solution for performance monitoring
- Understand the fundamental of database theory like BCNF normalization, 3NF normalization, relational algebra, how database are implemented, etc.
- Experience managing MongoDB is a plus but postgres is more important (and required)
- Has experience optimizing queries in postgres/mongoDB and understand the theories behind DB indexes (how many index are there, why use this type of index vs others, has experience optimizing index in a production system with millions of rows)
- Detail oriented and analytical. Not afraid to troubleshoot production system and has a paranoid attitude to make sure the system is running 24/7