- Toronto, ON, Canada
Central 1 is the partner of choice for financial, digital banking and payment products and services – fueling the success of businesses across Canada. We leverage our scale, strength and expertise to power progress for more than 250 credit unions and other financial institutions, enhancing the financial well-being of more than five million customers from coast to coast. For more information, visit Central1.com
This position is open to employees across all of our office locations (Vancouver, Toronto and Mississauga).
The Treasury Management team is responsible for the funding and liquidity management of Central 1. Proper execution of appropriate funding strategies and allocation mix ensures that adequate funding exists to support Central1s Treasury, Digital and Payments businesses. Additionally, the team is responsible for LVTS and cash flow management for Central 1 and the credit union system.
What you'll be doing:
The Liability Manager is responsible for the strategic and cost-effective pricing and issuance of Central 1’s key sources of funding. This includes funding sourced from Credit Union Members and institutional investors in the Debt Capital Markets in both Canadian and US dollars.
The Liability Manager is also responsible for the Funds Transfer Pricing (FTP) methodology for internal users of funding.
You will be the Treasury Subject Matter Expert on funding and Funds Transfer Pricing (FTP) while reporting to the Senior Treasury Manager.
Oversee, develop and maintain the methodologies, models, analysis and relationships with relevant stakeholders for:
- Term Deposit pricing and issuance for Credit Union Members.
- Commercial Paper issuance and pricing for Central 1 and participating Credit Union Members.
- Behavioural models for non-maturity products including Current Account (similar to a savings account) pricing for Credit Union Members.
- Medium Term Note and Subordinated Debt issuance for Central 1 to the Debt Capital Markets.
- FTP Policy including documenting methodologies, procedures, and assumptions.
- FTP for internal users of funding.
- Monitoring volumes and levels for Term Deposits, Commercial Paper and Current Accounts.
Operational Efficiency and Relationship Management:
- Keep abreast of regulatory and industry developments and recommend best practices approach to FTP procedures.
- Key contributor to advancing FTP modelling, assumptions and methodology.
- Collaborate with team responsible for maintenance of deposit book of record (Murex) and Risk Middle Office to identify, solve and improve the efficiency of role.
- Build and maintain relationships with key internal stakeholders to seek operational efficiencies. Key internal stakeholders includes but is not limited to: Accounting, Commercial Lending, Credit Union Lending, Economics, Financial Planning and Analysis, Risk, Liquidity Management, Securitization, Treasury Sales and Support.
- Represent Treasury regarding funding and Funds Transfer Pricing (FTP) matters with external stakeholders. External stakeholders includes but is not limited to: Credit Union Members, Debt Origination and Sales Teams at dealers, Regulators.
What you'll have:
- Background in Asset-Liability Management, Deposit pricing, Funds Transfer Pricing and/ or Debt Capital Markets.
- 5+ years of work experience in a Treasury or Capital Markets environment within a regulated financial institution (Credit Union, Bank or Insurance Company).
- Obtained a College or University degree in Finance, Business or Economics. Degrees in other subjects may be considered if the candidate can demonstrate competence in quantitative and/or business areas, either through formal education or through work experience.
- Demonstrates a commitment to continuing education, including pursuit of designation (for example, Accounting or CFA) is an asset.
- Very strong analytical skills with demonstrated ability in building and maintaining models.
- Advanced experience with Excel and exposure to data visualization tools like Tableau.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to accurately synthesize and distil information from a number of sources.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability of being curious, collaborative and willing to have courageous conversations.
- Self-motivated and demonstrated ability to work and think both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks with competing priorities.
As much as we believe in working hard, we also believe in personal growth and taking time for ourselves. Accordingly, our total rewards philosophy amounts to one of the best compensation and benefits packages in the industry – from performance-based incentives and extended benefits, to training and education reimbursements and ample vacation time.
Central 1 is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce by creating an environment where everyone feels like they belong and has the opportunity to be successful. We are welcoming of all applicants and we will provide an accessible candidate experience.
Reporting to: Senior Treasury Manager