Manager, Credit & Counterparty Risk
- Mississauga, ON, Canada
We’re embarking on something BIG...
Central 1 cooperatively empowers credit unions and other financial institutions to deliver banking choice to Canadians. With assets of $13.2 billion (as at June 30, 2021), Central 1 provides critical services at scale to enable a thriving credit union system. We do this by collaborating with our clients, developing strategies, products and services to support the financial well-being of their more than 5 million diverse customers in communities across Canada. For more information, visit www.central1.com
Because of COVID19, all Central1 offices are currently closed to non-essential employees. This role will see you working remotely until our offices are reopened. The timeline to reopen is still under consideration, as are our future remote working policies.
What you'll be doing
As the Credit and Counterparty Risk Manager, you will be an expert in commercial real estate lending and credit risk adjudication. Our Credit and Counterparty Risk team acts as a 2nd line of defense for all business relationships introducing credit risk to Central 1 and its subsidiaries. You will ensure compliance with the credit and counterparty policies, standards and procedures within the scope of your role. With a critical approach and keen eye for detail, you will analyze data to identify risks and trends in emerging portfolios.
- Monitoring and reporting Central 1’s performance against key risk metrics, policy limits and risk appetite as they relate to credit and counterparty credit risk.
- Ensuring accuracy of credit risk reporting.
- Participating in credit risk analytics including portfolio stress testing to identify emerging trends and recommends appropriate risk management techniques.
What you'll have
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Commerce, or related discipline.
- 5+ years’ experience with a financial institution with a focus on commercial real estate credit granting and portfolio administration.
- In-depth working knowledge of securities and investments instruments traded within capital markets.
- Detailed knowledge of the risks associated with the Canadian payments and clearing systems.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with employees from various levels in the organization.
- Adaptive problem solving approach that offers creative alternatives to address dynamic business needs.
- Mental and personal agility to effectively deal with ambiguity and change.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
As much as we believe in working hard, we also believe in personal growth and taking time for ourselves. Accordingly, our total rewards philosophy amounts to one of the best compensation and benefits packages in the industry – from performance-based incentives and extended benefits, to training and education reimbursements and ample vacation time.
Central 1 is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce by creating an environment where everyone feels like they belong and has the opportunity to be successful. We are welcoming of all applicants and we will provide an accessible candidate experience.
Reporting to: Director, Credit & Counterparty Risk
Date Posted: September 15th, 2021
Internal Applicants must apply by: September 22, 2021
External Applicant due date: October 15th, 2021
Location: Mississauga and/or Toronto, ON