- Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
We’re embarking on something BIG...
Central 1 is the partner of choice for financial, digital banking and payment products and services – fueling the success of businesses across Canada. We leverage our scale, strength and expertise to power progress for more than 250 credit unions and other financial institutions, enhancing the financial well-being of more than five million customers from coast to coast. For more information, visit Central1.com
Because of COVID19, all Central 1 offices are currently closed to non-essential employees. This role will see you working remotely until our offices are reopened. The timeline to reopen is still under consideration, as are our future remote working policies.
The Administration Lead implements and maintains effective business & financial planning and ongoing management processes for the Payments and Digital Banking Platform and Experience [P&DBPX] division. The incumbent will work with business leaders and represent the P& DBPX division in inter-departmental initiatives, working primarily with partners in Finance, Procurement and Legal.
What you'll be doing:
- Manage key financial and vendor processes for the Payments and DBPX
- Work in conjunction with business leaders and points of contact within Finance, Procurement , Legal and other groups to ensure all process followed and all information is accurate
- Work in conjunction with C1 Procurement function to secure contracts and develop SoWs (statement of work) for vendors and contracts associated with Payments and DPBX
- Administer requirements of third party staff working on Central 1 deliverables including all onboarding and offboarding processes
- Work in conjunction with Finance and business leaders to accurately track FTE to ensure correct assignment to cost centres and financial costs including on-going tracking as people move between work streams.
- Represent P&DBPX and work directly with Legal and Procurement to establish a basis of contract management on Salesforces and ensure accuracy of all contracts
- Manage existing dashboards to share information (such as key requirements in contracts) as needed and create new ones as required
- Negotiate vendor contracts & pricing on behalf of the business as appropriate
- Identify and realize external costs savings
- Issue purchase orders, approve vendor invoices, etc. – To be match to SoWs for existing contracts. In lieu of contracts, to be compared to prior period and budget
- Assist with new business cases and ensure consistency across business cases in terms of methodology and underlying assumptions
- Provide monthly financial reporting to management (AVPs, product managers, etc.). and meet with them directly to review. Financial reporting should cover legacy products & services & new ones to track against business cases
- Lead process improvement initiatives including creating process maps of current and future states
What you'll have:
- A university degree in finance, project management, or equivalent, and 6+ years relevant experience ideally within a financial services or technology organization, analysis and problem solving of complex issues.
- Ability to assign and monitor work, keep team members focused on schedules and objectives, build strong team relationships, take ownership of individual and team results, and foster a sense of urgency and dedication to delivering on commitments.
- Expected to think analytically and develop effective solutions to problems.
- Ability to communicate professionally for all levels within an organization and produce high quality documentation for internal and external consumption.
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities with tight deadlines.
- Must be highly motivated with proven organizational, planning, and prioritizing skills: Demonstrates flexibility to adapt easily in a fast-paced environment; A positive attitude is a must!
- Knowledge of project planning and execution methodology, Proficiency in MS Office, with excellence in Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to lead process mapping preferred
As much as we believe in working hard, we also believe in personal growth and taking time for ourselves. Accordingly, our total rewards philosophy amounts to one of the best compensation and benefits packages in the industry – from performance-based incentives and extended benefits, to training and education reimbursements and ample vacation time.
Central 1 is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce by creating an environment where everyone feels like they belong and has the opportunity to be successful. We are welcoming of all applicants and we will provide an accessible candidate experience.
Reporting to: Chief Payments & Digital Banking Platform and Experiences Leader
Date posted: July 6, 2021
Internal Applicant due date: July 13, 2021
Location: Toronto, Mississauga or Vancouver (currently Remote)