- Vancouver, BC, Canada
We’re embarking on something BIG...
Central 1 is the partner of choice for financial, digital banking and payment products and services – fueling the success of businesses across Canada. With $16.9 billion in assets, we leverage our scale, strength and expertise to power progress for more than 225 credit unions and other financial institutions, enhancing the financial well-being of more than five million customers from coast to coast. For more information, visit Central1.com.
You are a highly creative practitioner willing to work collaboratively with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders to create products that provide meaningful and relevant experiences to users. You have a solid understanding of design, branding, UX, usability testing, and user research methods. You'll draw on those skills as you advocate for, and educate others on, the importance of understanding and refining the entire end-to-end customer journey.
What you'll be doing:
- Contribute to design thinking across the organization through knowledge-sharing, coaching, and mentoring
- Applying user research methods tailored to the needs of the project, then distill research into actionable insights that will inform design and development
- Produce clear and effective design artifacts, such as task flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes, to guide the members of your agile team
- Have a strong sense of ownership of the solution and the ability to explain and defend the desired user experience, but also the flexibility to adapt the solution when necessary
- Ability to influence stakeholders around the best practices and value of user-centered design principles
- Staying on top of industry trends and UX best practices and monitor the competitive landscape for inspiration.
What you'll have:
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience supported by a strong portfolio of work
- Passionate about resolving customer pain points through great design
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting, including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications
- Experience with user-centered design, conducting user research, usability testing
- Ability to produce high-quality wireframes and workflows
- Solid knowledge and experience with agile software development
As much as we believe in working hard, we also believe in personal growth and taking time for ourselves. Accordingly, our total rewards philosophy amounts to one of the best compensation and benefits packages in the industry – from performance-based incentives and extended benefits, to training and education reimbursements and ample vacation time.
Central 1 is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce by creating an environment where everyone feels like they belong and has the opportunity to be successful. We are welcoming of all applicants and we will provide an accessible candidate experience.
Reporting to: Senior UX Designer and Team Lead
Date Posted: March 9, 2021
Internal Applicant due date: March 16, 2021
External Applicant due date:March 26, 2021
Location: Vancouver, BC