Payment Delivery Director (Integrations and APIs)
- Vancouver, BC, Canada
We’re embarking on something BIG...
Central 1 is the partner of choice for financial, digital banking and payment products and services – fueling the success of businesses across Canada. With $16.9 billion in assets, we leverage our scale, strength and expertise to power progress for more than 225 credit unions and other financial institutions, enhancing the financial well-being of more than five million customers from coast to coast. For more information, visit Central1.com.
Because of COVID19, all Central 1 offices are currently closed to non-essential employees. This role will see you working remotely until our offices are reopened. The timeline to reopen is still under consideration, as are our future remote working policies.
As a Payment Delivery Director (Integrations and APIs), you will lead your teams, who are responsible for our payment modernization program, which powers 100s of Credit Unions and impacts millions of Canadians for their daily banking.
What you'll be doing:
- Demonstrate very strong technical leadership, people management, and "customer-centricity" skills, including solid communication and analytical skills with a thorough understanding of product development
- Build a world-class software development team to consistently deliver complex software platforms and Payment projects of varying size and duration
- Provide strategic technical roadmap on Payment platform vision and guide implementation
- Partner with Enterprise Architects to ensure that software design is robust, maintainable, and leverages industry best practices.
- Be champion for emerging technologies, tools, concepts, and frameworks
- Enable rapid innovation leveraging Agile methodologies and Scrum
- Responsible for managing multiple software development teams / Agile Squads of up to 30 integration/ APIs engineers and Architects
- Lead and instill a sense of urgency for product and process improvement to meet and exceed customer satisfaction.
- Drive the quality roadmap and implementation of standards, methods, metrics, and procedures, ensuring and evaluating our software products' quality.
- Design, develop and maintain operational rigor for continuous improvement of Products
- Ensure the project/effort is adequately staffed, trained, and managed through ongoing personnel development, training, and cross training opportunities.
- Ensure personnel has appropriate skills and behaviors, and effectively communicate performance results; as necessary.
- Influence decision making through an active partnership with cross-functional teams and stakeholders
- Mentor and lead a diverse team towards realizing career aspiration while implementing business goals
- Communicate effectively both within the immediate team and Central1 leadership. Ensure team receives consistent messages and has a clear understanding of business direction, strategy, and results
- Partner with HR for hiring plans, engaging and attracting talent, interviewing and selecting talent
What you'll have:
- Bachelors / Master's degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering or related field
- Typically 10+ years of professional experience in Software Development / Engineering filed
- Typically 6+ years in a leadership position, managing multiple teams
- A natural leader with a strong sense of empathy and collaboration
- Expertise in APIs, Microservices, Integration patterns and frameworks, Enterprise Service Bus
- Solid experience with J2EE stack
- Demonstrated expertise & leadership in DevOps and CI/CD pipelines
- Demonstrated experience in leading large-scale / distributed IT implementations
- Exposure to cloud technologies (AWS, OpenStack, Azure, CloudFoundry)
- Active in the local developer community, both online and in-person
- Good experience in Payments domain knowledge (Wires, Interac Instant, eTransfer, Bill Payments, AFT) - and relevant experience here will be an added advantage
- Good knowledge of banking systems and protocols, e.g., ISO 20022/8583
As much as we believe in working hard, we also believe in personal growth and taking time for ourselves. Accordingly, our total rewards philosophy amounts to one of the best compensation and benefits packages in the industry – from performance-based incentives and extended benefits, to training and education reimbursements and ample vacation time.
Central 1 is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce by creating an environment where everyone feels like they belong and has the opportunity to be successful. We are welcoming of all applicants and we will provide an accessible candidate experience.
Reporting to:VP, Digital, Data and Shared Services
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia or Mississauga or Toronto, Ontario