Senior Java Developer
- Vancouver, BC, Canada
We’re embarking on something BIG...
Central 1 is the partner of choice for financial, digital banking and payment products and services – fueling the success of businesses across Canada. With $16.9 billion in assets, we leverage our scale, strength and expertise to power progress for more than 225 credit unions and other financial institutions, enhancing the financial well-being of more than five million customers from coast to coast. For more information, visit Central1.com.
Because of COVID19, all Central1 offices are currently closed to non-essential employees. This role will see you working remotely until our offices are reopened. The timeline to reopen is still under consideration, as are our future remote working policies.
You’re someone who embraces change and loves to jump in and take ownership for delivering results. As a Java Developer, you will join a highly motivated and experienced team, building the next generation of mobile/online banking for hundreds of Credit Unions across Canada impacting millions of Canadian's in their banking. We're an open-source environment and many of our squads (we use Spotify squad model) are using Spring, Spring Cloud Netflix, Kubernetes, Docker, among other in our tech stack.
What you’ll do:
- Write great code
- Understand business problems we've solving and technical issues to find new solutions
- Participate in code reviews and business/technical discussions
- Contribute to daily/weekly agile ceremonies
- Design and complete complex software enhancements proficiently with a high level of quality
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to more junior staff
- A university degree in computer science or software engineering (or equivalent) and 5+ years of relevant experience in software engineering.
- A strong level knowledge of Java and ecosystem, Server-Side Java experience including multi-threading and concurrency, TCP and experience of web, enterprise application development, tiered application design and microservices
- Knowledge of frameworks/technologies such as JUnit, Mockito, JSON, HTTP, RAML, Spring (Boot, Test, Cloud, Auth), Hibernate/JPA, MySQL.
- Knowledge of version control systems and continuous integration systems (Git, Bamboo, Sonar, Jenkins).
- Skills to dig into hard technical problems and large/complex codebases without getting stuck.
- Banking experience
- Familiar with agile/scrum software development methodology.
- Willing to ask/pull people for information and help
- Bring a sense of humour
As much as we believe in working hard, we also believe in personal growth and taking time for ourselves. Accordingly, our total rewards philosophy amounts to one of the best compensation and benefits packages in the industry – from performance-based incentives and extended benefits, to training and education reimbursements and ample vacation time.
Central1 is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce by creating an environment where everyone feels like they belong and has the opportunity to be successful. We are welcoming of all applicants and we will provide an accessible candidate experience.
*Unsolicited resumes from vendors will not be accepted for this or any position at Central 1*
**If you have issues or questions about the application process, please email humanresources @central1.com with a description of your problem**