- Vancouver, BC, Canada
We’re embarking on something BIG...
Central 1 is the partner of choice for financial, digital banking and payment products and services – fueling the success of businesses across Canada. With $16.9 billion in assets, we leverage our scale, strength and expertise to power progress for more than 225 credit unions and other financial institutions, enhancing the financial well-being of more than five million customers from coast to coast. For more information, visit Central1.com.
Because of COVID19, all Central 1 offices are currently closed to non-essential employees. This role will see you working remotely until our offices are reopened. The timeline to reopen is still under consideration, as are our future remote working policies.
The Release Manager is responsible for supporting and coordinating the holistic release lifecycle across our authentication platform (OAuth) and will support Payments modernization projects.
What you’ll do:
- Managing the release cycle and planning the release calendar alongside additional program priorities such as client implementations and maintenance windows.
- Understand any interdependencies and potential conflicts between squads and releases
- Assessing releases against established gating criteria for each environment prior to a Production release and ensuring all our quality standards are maintained.
- Identifying release risks / issues and establishing mitigation plans to resolve identified items.
- Leading internal meetings to review scope, release readiness, and provide sign-off prior to deploying to the UAT and Production environments.
- Managing the documentation and distribution of release notes and additional communications to our clients.
- Monitoring release key performance indicators (KPIs) and providing status updates to management.
- Liaising with the CI/CD DevOps team and program management to plan and action release process improvements.
- Working with development leads, testers, and build engineers to understand dependencies and mitigate impact of code branches and mergers.
- Managing availability and status of release environments.
- Performs other duties as required to deliver exceptional service and to support Central1’s business goals.
Who are you:
- A university degree in computer science or other related discipline with an IT focus (or equivalent) and 5+ years related experience working in a client-facing or consulting environment.
- Superhuman empathy and the ability to build trusting relationships
- An experienced, professional client approach underpinned by excellent written and verbal communication skills is required. You must be familiar with the challenges of delivering excellent customer service within a financial services & IT context.
- Broad-based IT experience (preferably from a financial services background) is required to support the release process and liaise with leads across the software development lifecycle (SDLC). A strong understanding of web and mobile applications along with supporting technical infrastructure is a requirement.
- Must be comfortable working with multiple teams with conflicting deadlines and priorities.
- Previous experience working on agile delivery teams is required.
- Strong working experience with Atlassian software (Jira, Confluence). Previous experience using application release automation (ARA) tools is recommended.
- A clear understanding of how to manage product and project risk, the ability to plan multi-phase implementations and the ability to identify assumptions, dependencies and constraints are key attributes of the role.
- Experience with Canadian payment services (e.g. Interac) and/or authentication services (e.g. OAuth, OpenID) is preferred.
As much as we believe in working hard, we also believe in personal growth and taking time for ourselves. Accordingly, our total rewards philosophy amounts to one of the best compensation and benefits packages in the industry – from performance-based incentives and extended benefits, to training and education reimbursements and ample vacation time.
Central 1 is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce by creating an environment where everyone feels like they belong and has the opportunity to be successful. We are welcoming of all applicants and we will provide an accessible candidate experience.
Reporting to: Change and Release Manager, Digital and Payments
Date Posted: September 16 2020
Internal candidates must apply by: September 23, 2020
Location: Vancouver, BC or Toronto, ON or Mississauga, ON