Sr. Android Developer
- Vancouver, BC, Canada
We’re embarking on something BIG...
Central 1 is the partner of choice for financial, digital banking and payment products and services – fueling the success of businesses across Canada. With $16.9 billion in assets, we leverage our scale, strength and expertise to power progress for more than 225 credit unions and other financial institutions, enhancing the financial well-being of more than five million customers from coast to coast. For more information, visit Central1.com.
With our continued growth, we're looking for a Sr. Android Developer to join our Forge Tribe.
You’re someone who embraces change and loves to jump in and take ownership for delivering results for clients. As an Android Developer you will join a highly motivated and experienced squad, helping build the next generation of mobile banking for hundreds of Credit Unions across Canada, ultimately impacting millions of Canadians with their daily banking.
What you’ll do:
- Write great code
- Understand business problems we've solving and technical issues to find new solutions
- Participate in code reviews and business/technical discussions
- Contribute to daily/weekly agile ceremonies
- Design and complete complex software enhancements proficiently with a high level of quality
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to more junior staff
- Typically, a university degree in computer science or software engineering (or equivalent) with 5+ years relevant experience in software engineering.
- Experienced in partnering with recruitment and HR for hiring and growing teams
- A strong experience building enterprise apps of Java and Kotlin based Android Development
- Technical skills: Knowledge, familiarity and experience with Android SDK, RESTful APIs, git version control, Gradle build language.
- Hands-on skills on unix-like OS commands. knowledge of Backbase mobile SDK and experience manager.
- Understand Google’s Android UI guidelines
- Familiar with unit testing and automated tests
- Strong knowledge of Android app design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Skills to dig into hard technical problems and large/complex codebases without getting stuck.
- Some knowledge and experience with client-side development of web and mobile applications
- Familiar with agile/scrum software development methodology.
- Willing to ask/pull people for information and help
- Bring a sense of humour
Central 1 is committed to diversity and inclusion. If you have a request for an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Date Posted: March 26th, 2020
Internal Applicants must apply by: April 6th, 2020